Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

The refurbishment and rejuvenation of Williams 123

I thought I'd make a thread to keep everything neat, considering the number of threads I have dotted about with questions.

I guess this should probably be in the Projects section, but since I've not yet paid Northy his money, it can stay here. Plus, others that aren't members can have a nose, point out where I'm going wrong, or how i can do things better.

This currently how it stands, its living in a lock up with a blanket to keep it warm at night. I've just replaced the center and rear exhaust sections.

These are the goodies that I collected yesterday.

Should be a good ones this, keep us updated smokey

Sweeeeeeeeeet

engine overhaul on the cards fella? any reason or just tired?

just tired.

Its been sat for a long time, and although it runs, I'm in a position to not need to use it all the time, and I have the money to throw at it to get things looking better.

I'm thinking along the lines of preventative maintenance

ah good stuff, treat her right and well..........well its french so it sure as hell wont treat you right back again

The list is going to be endless. Fix one thing, find two more. Should be fun.

I'm not doing the engine work myself as I have precisely zero skills, plenty of trips the garage in the future I think.

if you dont need the car mate its the perfect time to go playing with the engine, although i spose if thats not of interest to you then no point. but i find that when taking on a project such as this the more you do yourself the not only more satisfying the resultant finished product is but also the more piece of mind you have as you KNOW you took the time, care and attention to do everything to the highest spec and with the utmost care. to you it will be a labour of love, to a garage its just another paying customer, and the faster its done the more profit they make, no matter what spiel the garage may give

Trueue, and I'd love to get intimate with the oily bits. However I have next to know knowledge of engines, I can grasp the fundamentals but need to be shown things, and I dont know anyone that has the time, or is local.

My girls dad is leathery notherner and has offered to help, but its a bit of a drive to Bradistan every time I want to play at being a mechanic.

i had no clue either when i first took to sorting my valver head gasket. its all part of the learing, and as its essentially a big mechano kit you cant really do too much damage so long as you have an ounce of common sense to your name

did you have lego as a kid? with the haynes on standby and the forum but a click away, cars and engines are just like lego for grown ups

legos still better though..............