Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mother****ing locking wheels nuts

and stupid garages that impact the wheel nuts on. Do my head in.

Today I tried to remove my wheels in order to get some new tyres put on ready for its MOT.

Stupid dicks had over tightened every nut on the wheel, and in trying to remove them with the wheel brace I've hacked a big chunk out the centre of my wheels.

And to top it all off I still have the original locking nuts, and those little bastards wont move for love nor money.

Does anyone still have original locking nuts these days?

Which ones do you class as original?
    Did you get them off in the end?

Mat.

The bolts that fix the wheel are round, there is a corresponding nut with a several raised parts (like a key) that match the holes in the wheel bolt. The two together match and unlock.

I didnt get the locking ones off, the regular ones did eventually, going to back tomorrow with a drill that has an impact setting, if that doesn't work, then the tyre fitters can deal with it.

have you tried the locking wheel nut removers? its like a set of sockets with opposite threads on which cut into it and remove it. Laser do a set. I might even have a set kicking around it you get stuck.

* Uncle Schakal * knitted by nanas since 1995 , now available with added GSOH
    been mentioned on many forums ,million and a half times now .
    LOCKING WHEEL NUTS ARE FOR GHEYS AND LADY BOYS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by hank3944
    have you tried the locking wheel nut removers? its like a set of sockets with opposite threads on which cut into it and remove it. Laser do a set. I might even have a set kicking around it you get stuck.
    Thats kind of you to offer.

They should come off with some persuasion, its just a stupid design, the key nut doesnt grip the wheel nut in any way. So unless you can provide pressure to push the two together as well as downward turning pressure (which is pretty much impossible without a gun or drill) its not coming off.

Shackal, are you coming on to me, again?

I've still got the original locking wheel nuts on my car, just never got around to changing them due to other more importantstuff breaking all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey McPot
    Thats kind of you to offer.

They should come off with some persuasion, its just a stupid design, the key nut doesnt grip the wheel nut in any way. So unless you can provide pressure to push the two together as well as downward turning pressure (which is pretty much impossible without a gun or drill) its not coming off.

Shackal, are you coming on to me, again?
    The locking wheel nuts neeed to be used with an air gun so you can push at the same time while the remover cuts into the bugger...

The locking wheel nuts neeed to be used with an air gun so you can push at the same time while the remover cuts into the bugger...
    I can dig it, but it means you're ****ed if you have to change to the spare at the side of the road.

not being funny but why bother with locking nuts these days? if a thief wants them they will take them whether you have locknuts on or not! i'd rather someone take my wheels and have less chance damaging my car personally! and it also saves this hassel when the buggers wont come off!