Thread: suspension

Forum User

suspension

got the car running now sounds and runs fine good for those how want to know. had the car lowered for about 8 years now but its to low when I got the car lowered I was meant to get 35mm springs but when they were fitted the car looked more like 50mm lower. so it looked good and handled good but its taking its toll on the car so getting it fixed so that's the perfect height for looks and performance for my valver by the way I've got 17s on

im sorry what was the question here?

* Uncle Schakal * knitted by nanas since 1995 , now available with added GSOH
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan
    im sorry what was the question here?
    thats a question right there ^^^^

:D

TBH if you want the car to handle well take the 17's off, replace them with 15's and get some coilovers or decent -35mm springs

A valver on 17's with -50mm springs will feel like a bowl of jelly

disagree, my first valver had 17's and 50mm springs when i first bought it, it lacked compared to my current one on coilovers and 15's but to say it was a bowl of jelly would be outright rediculous.

the main issues with big wheels is unsprung weight and ride quality due to tiny profile tyres imo, the car still went round cornets perfectly well.oh that and the fact the big wheels killed all the bushes in the whole suspension setup very quickly and they look WAAAAAAY to big for the car

Quote Originally Posted by Coops
    disagree, my first valver had 17's and 50mm springs when i first bought it, it lacked compared to my current one on coilovers and 15's but to say it was a bowl of jelly would be outright rediculous.

the main issues with big wheels is unsprung weight and ride quality due to tiny profile tyres imo, the car still went round cornets perfectly well.oh that and the fact the big wheels killed all the bushes in the whole suspension setup very quickly and they look WAAAAAAY to big for the car
    OK OK slight exaggeration

BUT it's still a shocking setup for a valver, my first en came with 17's and -50mm springs, there's no way i'd go back

Forum User
    you wanna get yourself some lightweight 15 inchers. Get rid of that unsprung weight. OZ ultra, or supperleggeras, speedlines, or maybe even enkei's, if you can get right, spacers, offset etc.