Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Willy 3 Decal

Awesome!! These are good!

What a result :D

When you going to email the owner mate?

they are now being sold as the new size, but dont order just yet. im gonna bite the bullet and send him my original decal... :D get the colour match as close as possible...
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Forum User
    I see they build heroes in Clacton.......best of luck Paul you deserve it !

Quote Originally Posted by FATBOY
    they are now being sold as the new size, but dont order just yet. im gonna bite the bullet and send him my original decal... :D get the colour match as close as possible...
    Better tell him to get some stock built up too.
    He's going to be busy!

Mat.

Quote Originally Posted by FATBOY
    Sweeeeeeet!!! :D Nice one mate.

Make sure you send the decal Royal Mail Special Delivery! lol

decals in the post as of tomorrow AM :D
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Glad you guys got finally sorted,

but if you require any help just give me a shout, im more than welcome to help any one out

Rich

Forum User
    Big up FATBOYYYYYYY!

e mail reply from jason who is helping out our cause

I've been following the thread on the forum, I totally understand why you all want the decals spot on, i too am picky, but with my expertise, and all your combined knowledge i'm sure we can get all the williams, williams 2 and williams 3 decals as true to the originals as possible, even the hybrid decals, the only stumbling block may well be the blue vinyl, it maybe a case of as near as will have to do, there are a few threads that mention the original blue was a metalic, if this is the case, firstly metalic vinyl is way expensive, this would be one reason Renault charge so much for the originals, but in my opinion of making replica decals over the years dealers are just rip off merchants, i'm sure you'll all agree, but i do have swatches here for metalic vinyls, and i will look through them and compare them to the original that Paul is sending. Others mention that it is a very dark navy blue, I personally can't see it being that dark based on the original colour of the williams paintwork, but within my swatches including metalics and standard vinyls i have 31 shades of blue to compare, these vinyls are from Hexis, Ritrama, Oracal, Aslan and GrapityP, these are the main five players within the vinyls market. And if there is not an EXACT match there then the vinyl will only exist with the stocks that Renault hold.

As for the decal text, many of you may not be aware that the williams font including the numbers is not a standard font, it is a made up piece of text created by the designers at Renault, creating an exact replica can not be done via an image that some one emails, Paul is kindly sending me an original decal, from this I scan it in and vectorise it so that is shows every line and curve on the screen in front of me, this way we can get the top of the "3" correct, we can also get the exact width of the gold outline right, The closest font available to the williams text is "Impact" but even this is not great, but it does help as a starting point.

But as I say, i'll do my absolute best to recreate you 100% original replicas

Kind Regards
    Jason Bounds
    UK Decals
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215