Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by simonr85
    its been twice now to ribblesdale autos in preston and its going to have to go back again, wish i had listened to some1 on here who said dont touch them with a bargepole, think it was fasterthanjesus or clio1995
    Sounds like you have just been unlucky. Had no issues with mine for 2 years on a recon unit, up until it retiring from driving.

:(

mine did exactly the same, but the alt light didn't come on!

new one cured it spot on

yep was the alty, i fitted a new 1 yesterday, i did it on my own from a guide on here and i cant believe how easy it was ( it did take me 4 or 5 hours) but im not the best with a spanner and would say id prefer to do this again anyday over doing a clutch cable

yep was the alty, i fitted a new 1 yesterday, i did it on my own from a guide on here and i cant believe how easy it was ( it did take me 4 or 5 hours) but im not the best with a spanner and would say id prefer to do this again anyday over doing a clutch cable
    good effort!!! saved yourself 2 hours mechanics labour costs at least!!! cant beat gettin your hands dirty. and about the clutch cable, try doin a clutch pedal kit and then u will love doin the cable. cable= a doddle compared to pedal kit

Quote Originally Posted by webby
    good effort!!! saved yourself 2 hours mechanics labour costs at least!!! cant beat gettin your hands dirty. and about the clutch cable, try doin a clutch pedal kit and then u will love doin the cable. cable= a doddle compared to pedal kit

ive done the cable and the pedal a few times mate, and as you said there a nightmare, the hardest bit about the alternator was taking the pulley of the old 1 as the new 1 didnt come with a pulley on and didnt have the right to tool to undo it