Forum User

Some help for a newbie

Hi Guys,

New to the forum, so hello to everyone.

In the process of getting my Williams 2 back on the road, but need some help on a couple of the things.

I'm trying to find somewhere to buy some new front discs. My car has the Tarox 6 pot 280mm kit on it. Really struggling to find anywhere to buy them.

I also have a problem with sticking revs. The car idles fine, but if you accelerate taking it to the top end of the rev range, then dip the clutch the revs stick at 2500rpm. If you then turn the car off and back on again it goes back to normal. Any ideas? I'm guessing it must have something to do with the ECU, the car is fitted with a Hill Power Chip.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Forum User
    hi m8 and welcome sorry to hear u have problem but thats williams for u have a look at link below problem 2 sounds something like the problem your having

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/...pic.php?t=8576

Forum User
    sounds like the speedo sensor as pointed out above, as for the tarox discs have you tryed to contact tarox themselfs if possible, they might have a list of suppliers or even sell to the public directly and have the part number for the discs in that kit.

http://www.bigbrakes4u.co.uk/tarox-b...tem-p-437.html

try this place, they sell the kits so may be able to get you discs in

I have a similar problem with my 310mm set, can't find anyone to supply new discs :(

Forum User
    Thanks for the help guys.

Tried to look at the link, but it wont let me because I haven't subscribed yet. So what about the speedo sensor is causing the problem?

Will try contacting Tarox directly and give big brakes for you a call.

Had a similar idea to what you guys suggested, tried calling Hill Power yesterday to see if they can source the discs, because they sell the kits also.

Forum User
    regarding the speedo sensor solution u need to get to back of speedo to the small pcb on the speedo cable and splice an extra earth in then ground out on a suitable earth point on car, plenty of metal work behind dash.
    wouldnt hurt to remove ISCV and clean out with a carb cleaner while your at it in fact as its the easier of the two jobs to do u could do it first

get ur subs paid it will be cash well spent

Forum User
    Have heard back from bigbrakesforyou.co.uk, they want a £199 a disc

Found some discs on ebay for the 172/182. The diameter and the width are the same. So contacted the seller and he gave me some additional measurements to check. He had quite a thick scottish accent so was a tad difficult to understand. But I worked out which bits he meant by measuring different parts of the disc and they seem the same as well.

Does anyone know if the hub measurements are in fact the ssme for the williams as the 172/182?

Forum User
    I have the same problem with the idling. its def the road speed sensor behind the clocks on the speedo cable. if the re earthing trick doesnt work (like it didnt for me :( ) then it will have to be a replacement speedo cable. current price fron reno garage is £85 but can pick them up second hand for £15 - 30.

cheers