Dash modification - minimalist trackcar

Has anyone cut down their dash or just run a top dash ? Thinking of doing this to the rally car or is there a universal replacement dash that could be used like the newer cup cars ?

I've removed all the standard dash and am just running a Magneti Marelli MT940/B1 for everything.

http://motorsport.magnetimarelli.com...40_1rel3.0.pdf

You can toggle through the displays to view different readings but the best part is that it has an 'alarm' facility for all channels, so if any temps/pressures go outside a lower/upper limit you define then you get a warning light and the display alters to show that item - I find this a useful feature as it saves you having to keep checking all the dials to be sure that there is nothing amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie_b
    I've removed all the standard dash and am just running a Magneti Marelli MT940/B1 for everything.

http://motorsport.magnetimarelli.com...40_1rel3.0.pdf

You can toggle through the displays to view different readings but the best part is that it has an 'alarm' facility for all channels, so if any temps/pressures go outside a lower/upper limit you define then you get a warning light and the display alters to show that item - I find this a useful feature as it saves you having to keep checking all the dials to be sure that there is nothing amiss.
    Any pics ?

martin had just his clocks....rest of gash....errrrrrrrrrrr....disappeared lol

or go get a stak unit. n fuk rest of it off.

Ask Harvy over on Clio16valver to show you pics of his interior, hes put all the dash wiring in the scuttle.

Looks loads neater.

Quote Originally Posted by ClioDan87
    Ask Harvy over on Clio16valver to show you pics of his interior, hes put all the dash wiring in the scuttle.

Looks loads neater.
    Where it can get wet...

Forum User
    Steve,
    You know were I live,you could come and steal my STACKS dash ~ but you aint a dishonest person .
    Seriously though,you are welcome to come and peruse any time,I got a guy to rewire my Rallycar ,At first he was going to modify an existing loom,but decided it was neater etc and less hassle to make a new one ~~ best £850 I've ever spent ~~ that icluded,switches,battey master,start button,relays,fuse boxes panels etc etc.
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Evogone
    Any pics ?
    Unit powered up looks like this:

Initial mount in the car looks like this (but I have added a bit of a hood to stop the light shining directly onto it since):

Quote Originally Posted by cliorod
    Steve,
    You know were I live,you could come and steal my STACKS dash ~ but you aint a dishonest person .
    Seriously though,you are welcome to come and peruse any time,I got a guy to rewire my Rallycar ,At first he was going to modify an existing loom,but decided it was neater etc and less hassle to make a new one ~~ best £850 I've ever spent ~~ that icluded,switches,battey master,start button,relays,fuse boxes panels etc etc.
    Rod
    Do you have his number ? im having a look at the loom in your car now. Just got to wait till you get over me borrowing your STACKs...

Im going New ECU (OMEX / EMERALD?) and a new loom is on the cards aswell.