Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    like with anything more power comes at more cost, just trying to establish cost per pound.

And then obviously only having to bolt some bodies on and change a few sensors is easier then changing out an ECU and rad etc...

So obviously if you want the power then your better off with the bigger length etc

all about cost to bhp gain really :D

But again you need to think does this limit me in the future... or will you be able to get similar performance later with a shorter rad

You wont run anything other than a mk1 TPS on the oe ecu. it wont accept. Whilst you maybe able to re-calibrate it, this has not been achieved yet.
    So I wouldnt get too excited about running itb's on oe ecu, as its not been done yet.

As for power/£...well i'd stick to the turbo route if thats your goal.

Forum User
    is there any advantage or disadvantage on the two types of injector placement

I think having the injectors further away increases the chance of better atomisation.

However how much of an influence this has on our relatively low revving 200bhp clios im not sure. Its obviously a very large factor on things like F1 engines though.

As Laine said really, i would also like to add that modern injectors help with atomization too.

AT power will also sell you a kit with injector mounting positions etc, just there is no real gain to be had with them as far as they are consirned. I also spoke to them about running 8 injectors. All of which can be catered for. Remember AT power stuff is CNC'd to order and can be customized to your exact specifications.

Jenvey has been tried and tested, but i think even if you do end up using a shorter rad with the AT kit you are still saving cash and you can still have a longer inlet length.

@Craig. I think the inlet length i am running is going to be more than can be fitted with jenvey gear, and i will keep the standard rad. With the buterflys directly next to the head i cant see how the setup can be bettered for power and throttle response.

I cant see how a manifold with standard bodies can be better than bodies which car make especially for the car (im speaking about the megane kit rather than the williams kit, as with williams kit uses standard bodies with a short custom manifold).

Yeah like elaine says really.

we messed about with the injectors in the head and then in the itb's themselves (jenvey 110mm), and it picked up mid-range with them in the bodies. Hence thats why i put them there.

Andy, it totally depends what manifold/body/trumpet combo you use with jenvey. You can have them stuck outside the bonnet if you wanted to...
    And if you are running the std rad, THATS going to be your limiting factor, not what intake parts are available.

Not sure on your last statement, cant make much sense of it sorry.

basically i think i was saying that not having a manifold can only be a good thing....

but i cant remember what i was thinking at the time :P

whats wrong with not having or indeed having a manifold??

theres no technical difference, so long as change in profile etc are the same. I.e theres no advantage or disadvantage in terms of performance.

in terms of fitment, you could argue its "easier" having them direct-to-head, but then you can also argue theres more room for alternatives with regards throttle position, injector position etc etc.

either work.

AT Power ones are angled upwards so you can fit a longer length in without needing to change the radiator.

Using an airbox is better than having longer ram pipes, and will also aid air when you're not on the rollers with the bonnet up blowing 70mph winds down the trumpets.

You can have the longest system you want with AT Power ones. I've not seen any power graphs that show you need a huge length on there. It seems you need to change the radiator regardless with the jenveys. Seems like an expensive £500 to me when you don't need to spend it.

what external length can you achieve keeping the std rad in place, and allowing fitment of an airbox, and closing the bonnet?