Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hi there,

No tests on F7R as yet. Those ones are 45mm shaftless throttles as we couldn't use the same kind of twin body we normally do. Very wide ports making that difficult.

As far as I know we never did any 38mm ones for the renault engines. We had a misprint on the website for a long time as the guy who did it just copied one lot of information for each throttle body kit.

The F4R ones are 42mm. Can now be fitted with a taper to 50mm if you like, although someone who tried that didn't make any more power. The 42mm sized shaftless throttle has been used up to 300bhp on a duratec. I'm not entirely sure why the jenvey's aparently made more power as it would be unique in the testing we have done on lots of other engines. One thing I did notice a while back is the opening on the throttle was the same size as the RS inlet manifold. Everyone is familiar with the port matched inlets, releasing an extra few bhp. The new ones we make are the larger size of the head (like a port matched inlet) so if that was the missing few bhp the jenvey's had then I guess that isn't a problem anymore. We were originally designing the system to the requirements of the customer, if we're not told about things like this we can't make the improvements necessary. All seems to be water under the bridge now though.

Anyone with a williams may like,

Thanks,

John.

Im getting these fitted to my megane head in my track car, should hopefully have them fitted as soon as they arrive.

The huge advantage i can see is im going to be running 160mm before the butterfly which is more than you can get on both jenvey and atpower itb's for the williams which should hopefully see me get some good torque figures.

I will let you know power figues once its mapped etc.

Would be intresting to see how much power a meggy head makes vs a williams ones, mainly as the wililams / valver have bigger inlets to begin and unless cammed the williams will have different durations to the meggy head, but then the meggy has bigger valves on the inlet....

:D

What is needed additional on the AT Power bodies?

Does it still require a custom rad ? as if not this is a £500 saving stright off...

Does it need a standalone ECU ? or can the standard one be mapped to take them.

TPS / Map / Injectors ?

Stans figures on his £3200 install were around 185 bhp on a standard williams engine...

Now if you can pick up TSP map and injectors off a r21 and just bolt these on yourself, you are looking at less then £2000 to do this yourself...
    So if it make 180 odd bhp you have an extra £1200 to spend on head work or cams etc

bring back the edit button :P

You can keep the standard RAD. It uses the TPS sensor from a PH1 172, or Saxo VTS, 106 GTi, and possibly a few others. Only £35+VAT brand new if you need one.

The wililams and Megane both reuse the standard fuel rail and injectors located in the cylinder head.

I don't think a standard ECU would be compatible with a 172 TPS.

The price of my jenvey based kit includes a short rad, which in my opinion is required. The extra length you can gain pays dividends on the torque and peak power figures.

Keeping the std rad, whilst may be seen as an advantage, really isnt.

This install uses one of my rad kits. As you can see you gain a good bit of intake length.

By the way, im not saying it wont work with the std rad...obviously it does, its just not ideal....

Quote Originally Posted by AndyFielder
    Im getting these fitted to my megane head in my track car, should hopefully have them fitted as soon as they arrive.

The huge advantage i can see is im going to be running 160mm before the butterfly which is more than you can get on both jenvey and atpower itb's for the williams which should hopefully see me get some good torque figures.

I will let you know power figues once its mapped etc.
    Not really a huge advantage having 160mm between the butterfly and the head valve. The more you have, the more you loose throttle response potential.
    Any gain/disadvantage however is negligable unless you are at the absolute extremes.
    If you want more, you can do it with Jenveys, choosing the right bodies and manifold could get you about 240mm.

This one is running the bottom end of what i like intake length wise, and you can see that even here a std rad would foul.

Length is king