Thread: What Next?

What Next?

I'm slowly going to get my valver as mint and original (externally) as poss over the next 12 months.

I've decided that 2L conversions and the like are a waste of my cash, just my opinion and my circumstances reallly. However, I'll be looking to change to something else just for a year or two.

Do I:

Go for a Xsara VTS and spend a few quid getting any work done and maybe a few small mods. I have mooted the idea of dropping the 6spd Rallye box in if it's do-able. This is the more expensive but refined option of the 2.

or

Spend about £2k less and pick up a ZX 16v and spend the £2k+ on really modding the beast. Not yet investigated what's possible with the MI16 engine they use but I imagine it's probably more tuneable than the later engines found in the Xsara/306.

Main reasons for changing are that I want something the next size up for various reasons, and that I want something that's truly unique.

I'd go for a ZX 2.0 16v with leather interior. I'm beginning to like the looks of the car.

I'm leaning at the mo to the Xsara but that may be because I've owned one and know I ike 'em. However I've always loved the subtle agression of the ZX 16v.

I don't know that much about the xsara's to tell you the truth other than the rally ones look nice and go pretty quick in the WRC events!!!

Why are you spending money on doing things to your valver Mike, you might as well just sell up and then buy the motor that you want?

Danny

Just waiting 'til the loan I took out on it is paid off. Got just over 12 months left. I reckon I'll then be able to get at least what I paid for her (£1400)

Plus I really want rid of the sodding alloys on it for some turbines.

Potential Bargain Here

That's the kind of project that's tempting me. I might end up getting something along those lines and a cheapo AX to run about in while I do it up.[/url]