Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Beware of this seller and Williams 3

Not sure where best to post this but I felt I should warn you guys if you ever see this one for sale.
    I bid for and won a Willy 3 on ebay recently, reg number N744 HEU. The sellers name is Mike and his ebay ID is clarky_is_the_king.
    I rang him a few days after the auction and he said, oh mate, give me a ring back later, I'm a bit busy. When I did, he'd turned his phone off. This went on for days. Finaly, I emailed him to ask why he was avoiding my calls and he replied "im not avoiding your calls matejust abit busy and im not too happy about the price and my partner was mentto pull it off before it ended you wont be able to pick car up as im having gear box put in it as i drove it for the 1st time and it whined in 5th if you are stll intrested please call me tomorrow at about 12 o'clock cheers"
    Needless to say, I never called him back.
    He's now put in a claim to ebay for a non paying bidder.
    I've just noticed that he pulled the same stunt with another bidder on an Audi TT.
    Just a heads up guys and hope no one else gets shafted.
    Cheers
    Ben

* Uncle Schakal * knitted by nanas since 1995 , now available with added GSOH
    and who exactly are you ??

you sign up on here just to make us aware of something like this
    without proof ? how do we know you are telling the truth ?

on the other hand ebay will ask your side of the story before they
    will come to a conclusion ,so i suggest you make your voice heard there ?

On the other hand schakal, who are u to say he may be lying?

There are a few people out there that do tell the truth and do do good deeds and go out of their way to help others....

Dont think this man here would have much reason why he would lie about something like this tbh...

Its a shame when people mess u around like that, ebay isnt a stranger to it.....unlike here also unfortunatly

Ben i hope that dont put u off buying a williams in the future....ur always have that memory when u went to buy one now which is a shame. You should have come here first tho, enthuisiasts who care about their willys :P lol

Shutup shackal

* Uncle Schakal * knitted by nanas since 1995 , now available with added GSOH
    Quote Originally Posted by LEIGH-ANNE
    On the other hand schakal, who are u to say he may be lying?

I NEVER SAID HE MAY BE , DO YOU BELIEVE EVERYTHING
    ANYONE TELLS YOU ?

There are a few people out there that do tell the truth and do do good deeds and go out of their way to help others....

DO YOU KNOW THIS GUY ??

Dont think this man here would have much reason why he would lie about something like this tbh...

WHY NOT ,PEOPLE DO ALL THE TIME .
    HOW DO YOU KNOW HE IS A MAN ? DO YOU KNOW HIM BTW ??
    EXACTLY !!!

Its a shame when people mess u around like that, ebay isnt a stranger to it.....unlike here also unfortunatly

Ben i hope that dont put u off buying a williams in the future....ur always have that memory when u went to buy one now which is a shame. You should have come here first tho, enthuisiasts who care about their willys :P lol

WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO HELP HIM IF HE CAME HERE FIRST ?
    WARN HIM ABOUT DODGY SELLERS ON EBAY ?
    ^^^

Link to Ebay advert?

Mat.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=160337596153

I understand why some would be be asking who is this guy with zero posts and trying to do a good turn. No offence taken. I know others will now say as well, what do you expect from a 1k Williams.

I'm not bothered either way. I've owned 2 valvers in the past, the last one was from ebay 7 years ago, it was dirt cheap but was best car I've ever owned until it failed the MOT on some welding a couple of months ago. It's now been brought back to life by a fellow member here. HYBRID_HAZ. There's not much I can't sort out myself on a clio but welding isn't one of them and garages take the piss when it comes to labour charges.
    BTW Cheap doesn't mean bad and if you look at the auction, that was a decent car, no rust on the arches, decent wheels etc and I was surprised no one else bid on it. Ok, at the time the guy's feedback wasn't great but I thought I'd go and see it after the auction and pay the money if it was ok or walk away if it wasnt.

I've been hanging out on this forum for a while, learning and checking out the cars for sale so I thought I'd give something back for my first post. That's all.

Cheers
    Ben

wheel bolt missing in last pic also.

the auction is a legally binding contract... so why did you decide not to go through with it? 1k is nice and cheap for that williams it didn't look to bad.