Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOT

MOT

Just had mot done. Not too major, wasnt expecting it to fail tbh cos of the sill work ive just had done.

Anyways as some of u may no, went to brands hatch yesterday....

On inspecting the brakes today at the station....one of my ('goodridge') hoses split

At least it was after ah??

Obviously failed on that and the good old headlight beam too low lol. And the CV Joint was split so had some flexi gaitors put on. And going back to get the handbrake sorted!

£120 later and im a happy bunny for a year

goodridge hoses are lifetime warrenty, so make sure u get a replacement for free.

Sweeet!

My MOT is in July

goodridges are also too short for the williams, which is probarbly why they split

Forum User
    Did you have a braided set ?

Yes braided will post pics wen I pic them up tmora. I've got front and rears

Forum User
    well done! always a relief when there are no major bills...!!

J o n
    I've had the goodridge split too, as above, they are too short... been like that for years, not sure why they never changed the design :S

I have Goodridge on mine. I made sure I ordered the R19 16v version, which fit and are longer. I have no problems.

Good job leighanne! have they replaced the gaitor? Having just replaced both driveshafts and CV joints etc mine are in excellent order. The old ones looked quite worn on passenger side.

Thanks darren, yea well pleased although have just spent a small fortune on sill work etc....

I have no idea on length of these whether they are the 19 ones, will pop of now to pick em up and report back...hes a mate so prob still have em...

Mr garage man craig said he wasnt happy at all, as u couldnt tell they were corroded at all, just until they split.....bit of a worry