Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by stan
    I never said anything about r/r's not being used for mapping, thats one of the uses I stated "steady state tuning". Of course its more convenient.
    My point was you cant rival an engine dyno cell for controlability, accuracy, and repeatability.

Anyway, back on topic, who is building your engine? Why not ask them about the best route to go down?
    A guy near where i live looks after the car he does loads of cars last 2 engine builds where 1600's saxo and Ford Sigma engines (both over 210hp-8.5k screamers) My current engine im trying to find out spec of spider parts at the mo but current engine will just be top end rebuild and refit.

Im thinking about buying an engine and doing a proper ITB build or just selling the car and get a 172 cup car at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Evogone
    Stan your engine bhp claims on this forum are these done using a dyno or RR ??

Example:- You said you expected 220 for Cliolords engine build and it made 217 are we to belive this as you state RRs are totally unreliable, was it measured on a dyno ?
    I never stated rolling roads to be "totally unreliable". Please read all my posts to gather an informed picture of my statements.

The engines I have built TO DATE have been calibrated on a rolling road. These figures however are not ones I make "claims" with particulalrly. I have no reason to doubt there in a region of accuracy, but personally I wont be claiming any figures until they have been proven on the engine dyno.
    Thats why im holding off with advertising the engines as packages, as I havnt dyno-proven them yet. Once I have, I will be in a better position to make "claims".

A guy near where i live looks after the car he does loads of cars last 2 engine builds where 1600's saxo and Ford Sigma engines (both over 210hp-8.5k screamers) My current engine im trying to find out spec of spider parts at the mo but current engine will just be top end rebuild and refit.

Im thinking about buying an engine and doing a proper ITB build or just selling the car and get a 172 cup car at the moment.
    Well with the cup racer you will have the advantage of the sequential box, potentially better suspension. but its swings and roundabouts, it wont be long before your thinking of tweaking the 172 engine!

Keep the Mk1

Example:- You said you expected 220 for Cliolords engine build and it made 217 are we to belive this as you state RRs are totally unreliable, was it measured on a dyno ?
    I never stated rolling roads to be "totally unreliable". Please read all my posts to gather an informed picture of my statements.

The engines I have built TO DATE have been calibrated on a rolling road. These figures however are not ones I make "claims" with particulalrly. I have no reason to doubt there in a region of accuracy, but personally I wont be claiming any figures until they have been proven on the engine dyno.
    Thats why im holding off with advertising the engines as packages, as I havnt dyno-proven them yet. Once I have, I will be in a better position to make "claims".
    So i think we agree it does have a good level of accuracy not the finger in the wind levels like SpongeNob is claiming.

You should get these packages on the website and just put indicative figures. Remeber you can get the same argument with one dyno vs the other, is it calibrated / what where the charge temps / did you used intended cars the exhaust and airbox, still lots of variables. Lots of cars dont make the same power on the RR as the dyno as the packaging of the engine in the bay can constarin airflow etc.

Anyways just gets these packages up on the website..

Well with the cup racer you will have the advantage of the sequential box, potentially better suspension. but its swings and roundabouts, it wont be long before your thinking of tweaking the 172 engine!

Keep the Mk1
    With the 172 i would just bolt on ITBs. Sequential / 200+hp / 900kgs would be a good car and newer...Adam Gould won the Pirelli star driver in a 172 and now has a fully sponsored drive for the year.!

We will see anyhow as the pink car is great and there is certainly a lot more development in her yet. Really enjoy driving it to be honest....

Just want to know the spider specs (head / cams) nobody seems to know.. anything

So i think we agree it does have a good level of accuracy not the finger in the wind levels like SpongeNob is claiming.

You should get these packages on the website and just put indicative figures. Remeber you can get the same argument with one dyno vs the other, is it calibrated / what where the charge temps / did you used intended cars the exhaust and airbox, still lots of variables. Lots of cars dont make the same power on the RR as the dyno as the packaging of the engine in the bay can constarin airflow etc.

Anyways just gets these packages up on the website..
    New website currently under construction :P

Keep the Mk1

Just want to know the spider specs (head / cams) nobody seems to know.. anything
    head is standard.
    Tbh, im pretty sure the cams were std williams.

Keep the Mk1

head is standard.
    Tbh, im pretty sure the cams were std williams.
    Where does the 30hp come from then as they were stated 180hp from renault in the race series.