Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum User

insurance

I insure through Hagerty International. The car would need to be a 2nd vehicle with no modifications.

If you explain the situation it'll be fine, I had to explain to my old company that I no longer with that I had changed jobs and work nights, therefore the car would be in a car park at night and at home during the day...

They tried putting the premium up due to it being parked in a car park after dark - I tried explaining its a secure closed off private car park with floodlights and cameras and that its much more safe there than sat outside my house at night while I'm in bed and they weren't having it - so I ****ed them off lol...

Halifax had no problems with it, they said its there for records and its not an issue where it is as long as they have the correct information.

Forum User
    Don't think you will get a classic car ins, unless anyone on here knows different, the next best thing would be an agreed value ins. For that you will need an independant valuation acceptable to an ins co. First step will be to find ins co that has agreed value policies. I have no knowledge of these companies as it's not an ins type I have. One of my motors has to be locked up either at home or another secure place acceptable to them. That's why what I have is only 'similar' but hopefully this thread will be interesting reading. If they are not classics, they should be.

Forum User

insurance

I can say for sure that the company I am insured through (Hagerty International) can arrange classic insurance for the williams and williams 2.

Agreed value policies can be arrange by you providing pictures of the car and stating what you think it is worth. Indepent inspections are only required if the company thinks you value the vehicle too high.

Forum User
    HAGERTY is the way to go.. but your williams MUST be your second car with a limited mileage, and for agreed value you must submit photos sides and the front and one of the car in the place were it will be kept(garage).. and dont forget to tell them how standerd the car is.. good luck

Looks like Classic insurance is out for me then, given it is my only car.

Not to worry.

i insure mine with flux fully comp on limited mileage for 650 and i'm 21 and the car is stored at a different address, give them a bell mate, quite helpful, although i've had problem's in the past with them and swore not to insure with them again, but unfortunately had no choice this time around, but i was dealing with people in the "modified part"this time, and they are far more patient and knowledgable than people who aren't in that department.

I have never heard of a person being insured with Adrian Flux that didn't say 'but' when describing the service.

Because of this I will be giving them a wide berth.

If Direct Line are quoting me less money to insure with them on a standard contract, I wouldn't entertain the idea of paying more to go with another company.

Thanks for you input though Please dont read this as me being an arse, I'm aware how things can read sometimes.