Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Forum User
    except mk2 hubs are well heavy iirc..

might upgrade to R26 hubs..

pics to follow..

Forum User

there you go..i believe ford RS focus...

Forum User
    the idea behind them is they reduced kingpin offfset by more than half thus reducing the feeling of or reducing torque steer..

http://magazines.drivers-republic.co...fight042/?fm=2

Forum User
    page 13 in.. :D

so these off the r26 or a ford focus RS?

Forum User
    these are R26R but they have a similar set..

Interesting thread!

It's something i've noticed in my 172 travels

Firstly, yes, the 1*2 track is wider than a williams - I think there may even be various between specs (182, cup etc..) as they have different wishbone part numbers iirc.

A couple of lads on cliosport have fitted the mk2 track to the mk1. They've used a combination of williams ARB (mk2 one has a kink in it, meaning it doesn't fit), mk2 wishbones, mk2 hubs (machined down to fit williams shocks - mk2 hubs are 'fatter' and have smaller bolt holes iirc) and mk2 brakes obviously :D. They've used 172 driveshafts iirc. but they must be the earlier shafts that have the same 'conventional' setup as the mk1.

with the track being wider and williams shocks being used, camber is introduced a bit, so correction is needed for that too (struts or top mounts etc..)

f0xy and Whitely on cliosport are the two who have done it, i'll point them in the direction of this thread.

With the track being that little bit wider, I believe f0xy has had some issues with his front wings hitting the tyres. I run a fairly low mk1 with a Williams track and it's not something I currently worry about. Would hate to have to raise it :P

This driveshaft thing is something i'm interested in, as it can only be good. I can't say i get much torque steer (F4R's fault, amirite? ), but anything to prevent it is good!

Here are some pics of an F4R for referencing against an F7R

all the mk2 Clios with the F4R engine share the same bottom end btw, so those bolt holes should be correct. That BE is from a 182 anyway iirc.

If anyone needs any specific measurements or better pics () just say. I've got a spare F4R crankcase sitting in a box in the corner :P

As matteh said.....

They've used a combination of williams ARB (mk2 one has a kink in it, meaning it doesn't fit), mk2 wishbones, mk2 hubs (machined down to fit williams shocks - mk2 hubs are 'fatter' and have LARGER bolt holes iirc) and mk2 brakes obviously Very Happy. They've used 172 driveshafts iirc. but they must be the earlier shafts that have the same 'conventional' setup as the mk1.
    I had the hubs machined down 2mm from each side, so i could run williams coilovers. Then I had the holes for the hubs on the coilover enlarged by 1mm, 0.5mm either side, so i could run 172 hub bolts.

Using 172 driveshafts, the Ph1 items.....without the additional bracket on the back of the block.

Whiteley tried to run 172 gear with R19 wishbones, but it didnt work, damaged one of his gearboxes we think as the shafts were too long, this is how we found out 172 track is wider than williams/19.