Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Yeah it runs a sadev H pattern 5 speed. You can flat shift them like a sequential, but its usual to tap the clutch as you change. Obviously driving slow like me you can do the full clutch shifts too. At the moment i have a 50 quid valver box in it, as i wanted to do some high speed testing and the sadev tops out at 100 with 15 inch wheels.

Yes it runs the same mounts as rod, with no upper cam / gearbox mount.

Its also got a full bias pedal box that i built myself. So i have a dual master cylinder and a dash bias adjuster.

Im not very confident in the car yet, mainly because i built it and i dont trust myself. I alsways feel like somthing will break on it when i drive it fast, so im building up confidence slowly. I really need a track day as roads arnt the best places to learn to drive a car like this.

Also have a problem with the brakes, in that i find it difficult to get them and keep them up to temperature on the roads. As the temp drops off the bias shifts backwards which gives you way too much rear bias and the backs start locking up.

I have a few things to try to correct this starting with different pads up front. Currently have Poly D which are too hard for road use.

Also i need new tyres as im currently running any old ones i have, actually the ones i got with the car and they are too wide (205s)

Just to add the car is a lot faster than the talent i have to drive it.

Forum User
    You need something to speed up your shifts .. maybe a short shifter?
    Why a dog box?? you always said that you didnt need to change gears mid turn
    You should have just changed to a 1.2 gearbox really saved yourself a lot of money and gained more performance by the look of that video too.

Any videos of you with substantiated lap times etc to prove the famous 'cost v performance' gains?

Thank you in advance :D

On topic please eternalflame

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardcard1974
    Yeah it runs a sadev H pattern 5 speed. You can flat shift them like a sequential, but its usual to tap the clutch as you change. Obviously driving slow like me you can do the full clutch shifts too. At the moment i have a 50 quid valver box in it, as i wanted to do some high speed testing and the sadev tops out at 100 with 15 inch wheels.

Yes it runs the same mounts as rod, with no upper cam / gearbox mount.

Its also got a full bias pedal box that i built myself. So i have a dual master cylinder and a dash bias adjuster.

Im not very confident in the car yet, mainly because i built it and i dont trust myself. I alsways feel like somthing will break on it when i drive it fast, so im building up confidence slowly. I really need a track day as roads arnt the best places to learn to drive a car like this.

Also have a problem with the brakes, in that i find it difficult to get them and keep them up to temperature on the roads. As the temp drops off the bias shifts backwards which gives you way too much rear bias and the backs start locking up.

I have a few things to try to correct this starting with different pads up front. Currently have Poly D which are too hard for road use.

Also i need new tyres as im currently running any old ones i have, actually the ones i got with the car and they are too wide (205s)
    Dog boxes dont need clutch to change gears - whole point of them is the faster clutchless changes (yes i know they are stronger too).

Track days? you mentioned previously trackdays were a waste of time as they don't time - im getting mixed messages about your conclusions, they only seem to suit what you are doing at that point in time

You are using wilwoods? i thought you said 4 pots were a waste of time on and off track?!?!

So you are testing a rally car, on the road, without knowing how to operate the machinary (or by the look of things know what its for). With items that you have openly stated are a waste of time, with naff break pads and tyres of the wrong size I really did expect better

Forum User
    On topic please eternalflame
    It is all on topic - video of your car im asking all about it :D

Forum User
    Just to add the car is a lot faster than the talent i have to drive it.
    How do you expect to learn how to drive it? on the road? or on track? lessons?
    Is it far exceeding your ability? or only slightly out of your grasp?

No [img]flaming [/img]please. Lets not extinguish the thread with spam. Fanning the flames will only lead to bad heat between us. Posts like that just add fuel to the flames.

Forum User
    :D

Quote Originally Posted by eternalife

Dog boxes dont need clutch to change gears - whole point of them is the faster clutchless changes (yes i know they are stronger too).
    To be clinical, you need to either: tickle the clutch enough to allow the dog gears to disengage, OR lift the throttle slightly, again to let the gears disengage.

Thats the beauty of a sequential box, you can do a full flat shift if you have an ign cut set on the ecu. You also cant mis-shift like you can with a H-pattern box.