Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Forum User
    no mate three posts up...

wrapped willy manifold.. :D

Forum User
    ahhhh I see. LOL you think we should point out willy manifold is mild steel then? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by summeh
    the stainless steel one in the picture is a supersprint 4-2-1... not sure what the mild steel one is, probably a cheap copy with welded sections.

By the way the description of the stainless is a bit of a lie:

"They are constructed from very high grade stainless steel"

bulls**t, they are constructed from F304, which is a cheap grade!

But does the job... they do tend to crack tho, poor construction funnily enough, had mine welded twice now.
    gotta disagree, i reckon they crack from poor fitting or not fitting/adjusting the conical joint correctly. ive had mine fitted for nearly 3 years now covered over 40k and still going strong with no cracks what so ever :D

lucky you, how are your engine mounts? lots of factors to be honest, mines welded up a goodun now but before it was only tig welded very lightly so the joints were quite weak. Wouldn't have taken much. Also that joint is shit, its totally in the wrong place. Poor design and construction in my opinion.

Forum User
    i do but its not fitted yet. so if thats so bad then what have you all done with your manifolds? left em standard or something more interesting? :D

Quote Originally Posted by summeh
    lucky you, how are your engine mounts? lots of factors to be honest, mines welded up a goodun now but before it was only tig welded very lightly so the joints were quite weak. Wouldn't have taken much. Also that joint is s**t, its totally in the wrong place. Poor design and construction in my opinion.
    eng mounts are in all in good condition changed the whole lot 2 years ago. running a powerflex dogbone which probably helps to stop it moving so much. my car is'nt exactly low either so it stay away from most speedhumps which is just as well living in speephump heaven ( london )

i own the k-tec mild steel manifold and its worth every penny. for get the ss one i was in k-tec talking with sean and the owner and they assured me there is no performance differance between the to.

Not sure about what the chap was saying wraping the mild steel will make it rot.. I was at CC engine speichlests and they assured me it was the wright thing to do and they build race cars and come rec on the R5 owners club.

Quote Originally Posted by thaijedi
    i own the k-tec mild steel manifold and its worth every penny. for get the ss one i was in k-tec talking with sean and the owner and they assured me there is no performance differance between the to.

Not sure about what the chap was saying wraping the mild steel will make it rot.. I was at CC engine speichlests and they assured me it was the wright thing to do and they build race cars and come rec on the R5 owners club.
    Can we see a pic please?

Wrapping them causes condensation build up when not in use, hence corrosion of mild steel.

Forum User
    I fitted a mild steel one last week and its fine. apart from as soon as i fired it up all the paint burnt off! So it was not painted with high temp paint as it should have been. opens up the top end alot compared to the
    standard mani, quite impressed really.
    Cheers Max