Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Forum User

sump/fuel tank gaurds... plus suspension

anyone know of any company that make/sell sump gaurds and fuel tank gaurds also any pics etc..

also any recomendations on suspension to run on a tarmac/concrete with loose gravel surface, rally type surfaces etc.. not full mud track stuff though!

cheers richy :D

Forum User
    only ever seen works ones i think..except maybe omp did a front guard iirc.

depends on budget..proflex..

Re: sump/fuel tank gaurds... plus suspension

Quote Originally Posted by richy
    anyone know of any company that make/sell sump gaurds and fuel tank gaurds also any pics etc..

also any recomendations on suspension to run on a tarmac/concrete with loose gravel surface, rally type surfaces etc.. not full mud track stuff though!

cheers richy :D
    OMP do a front sump guard

Tank guard - i got a GRP one made as a mould from a spare tank. this is half bolted and half sikoflex'd on.

Suspension:-

1 way adjustable
    GAZ Gold 800 quid
    AVO monotube 800 quid
    Bilstein monotube (Motorsport version) getting prices as these are sourced from abroad.

2-3way adjustable
    AST
    DYNAMICS
    Proflex

will make you some up but will be between 1700-3000 quid.

Forum User
    omp sumpguard 190+vat and large version is 260+vat
    thats tweeks btw,

foxy of cliosport shaped abit of sheet material to fit subframe and just bolted it on

you planing on doing some hard surface rallys?

Forum User
    yeah been thinking about altering the car for a few rallycross/sprint tracks(rougher/loose surfaces) as tbh its to low/hard atm, its set up for tarmac tracks.

i did a day in my mates megane and really enjoyed it, throwing the car about all over etc

i can get sheet alloy through work around 4 to 6mm thick so will make a sump one! but much cheaper then the omp lol

the fuel tank thing sounds good, just need a mould or spare tank lol, my fuel and brake lines are internal already so no worries there!

Forum User
    suspension wise im currently on avo coilovers with stiffer springs and was looking to change them, but unsure what would be best, as it also would like to start using it more on B roads as there some pretty rough ones around here lol

iirc mark ritchspeeds old rally car was using std style shockers although dont think they was renault!

Quote Originally Posted by richy
    suspension wise im currently on avo coilovers with stiffer springs and was looking to change them, but unsure what would be best, as it also would like to start using it more on B roads as there some pretty rough ones around here lol

iirc mark ritchspeeds old rally car was using std style shockers although dont think they was renault!
    What rate spring you using im using the cup racer set up (350lbs springs) same ride hight no issues so far for tarmac single venue rallies.

I would recommend your current set up but raise the ride height. Its the lack of sus travel that usually the issue. Give it a try before spending loads of cash.

Forum User
    im running faulkner 350lb springs now(no helpers etc though), std avos are 250lb which i have in the garage

when you say cup racer set up, do you mean the de-carbon cup shockers or you changed them now?

Where do you get the front de carbon cup shocks from? Wouldn't mind a pair to match my rears