Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Disagree with your disagree!

Would you buy £10 remoulds with 2 mm of tread just because they're cheaper in these 'hard' times?

Forum User
    Well i see you are going to extremes,......"remoulds".......where we going with this i was talkin about tyre size.......195 to 185..an as i said its what some peoplewant (ie me) for what i pay.

I still stand by what i said tyres are a compromise im not sayin 185 are better or worse , but for what i want, fast dry tyre average in wet i reckon ive got the right tyre!

"should have bought a different car."....bollocks..!

Quote Originally Posted by LEIGH-ANNE
    Everything i was gona say has already been added

Agree with Kneesparks in regards to the limiter, mines exactly the same. Same with Daz on tyres and fatboy on the alarm front!
    Where the hell did you find parada's in 185/55 profile then?

Quote Originally Posted by col
    Well i see you are going to extremes,......"remoulds".......where we going with this i was talkin about tyre size.......195 to 185..an as i said its what some peoplewant (ie me) for what i pay.

I still stand by what i said tyres are a compromise im not sayin 185 are better or worse , but for what i want, fast dry tyre average in wet i reckon ive got the right tyre!

"should have bought a different car."....bollocks..!
    I was merely pointing out I personally think cheaping out on tyres is a bad thing, whether someone wants to choose a different tyre size is up to them I was just pointing out to a new williams owner if he wants the original feeling of the car he needs to stick with 185's, if he wants to save money and isn't bothered about the suprising difference in road driving then by all means try 195's...

I'm trying to asnwer his question from long standing experience.

Regarding the 'bollocks' of the car, we all know these things eat your money, if spending £20 a corner extra is a scary thought then your not going to be happy with some of the other costs that empty your wallet!

damn missed it out!

You say tyres are a compromise? never to me, I don't care what you drive or how expensive your car is or isn't the only thing that touches the road on any car bike van quad is a set of tyres - for me there is nothing more important than getting decent rubber.

My preference of course but steve seems to be clued up :D

Forum User
    I worked at "goodyear TYRES"........an tyres are a compromise.....why do racing drivers use different compounds?.............etc...slicks wets inters....

You just pick the best for the situation your in!

And to tell people what they should or should not drive is not your concern......an opinion you should keep to yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by col
    I worked at "goodyear TYRES"........an tyres are a compromise.....why do racing drivers use different compounds?.............etc...slicks wets inters....

You just pick the best for the situation your in!

And to tell people what they should or should not drive is not your concern......an opinion you should keep to yourself!
    Well we'll have to agree to disagree on this and give the man his topic back.

Theres so many threads about this its unreal - steve can do a search and make his own mind up.

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    How do you replace the bulbs in the switches Wobba?

The bulb in my rear screen di-mister switch has gone
    You prise the switch out, unplug it, gently ease the top cover off and it should expose a tiny bulb. Be careful, if you mess up the switch mechanism it's a bitch to get back in.

Forum User
    had 185/55 for nearly 4 years, moved to 195/50 6 months ago and love them.. and alot harder to f**k your rims up

Forum User
    Nice to hear a couple of opinions on tyres lol

After a few more drives, including the cat and fiddle, I can't fault the 185's, but can't actually compare them to 195's (except on other cars). Think I will probably trust the renault development people and stay with 185's, especially as I don't think I will be using the Williams everyday.

Would love to raise the limiter - are the standard internals OK when this is done??