Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by kneesparks
    Std limmiter is at 6500 on the red line, it hits like driving into a bloody wall. I now have a gunner chip set to 7200 ish in come in softly its soooo much nicer, not that I rev it that hard I just change around 7000 now.
    It does cut in very hard very muck like driving into a wall!!!, so would say it is the standard limiter. The chip sounds good, but trying to avoid modifying this car. Can a standard engine take the rasied rev limit without any bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Daz.
    stick with 185's all day long.
    I would like to for originality but is there any other benefits??

God knows how many debates there are on this but 195's kill one of the best parts of the willy experience in my opinion, for me the feedback the taller tyre gives is much more progressive than the 195's, 195 is grip grip grip gone - 185 is grip grip grip i'm going i'm nearly gone i'm gone. Expect more tramlining on 195's too.

Tbh if people are to cheap to spend £20 a corner extra for 185's they bought the wrong car.

hmmmm i have 2 dash bulbs gone, the oil temp and exterior temp

I prefered 195/45's tbh.

End of the day its personal preference and the way you like a car to handle.

What I didnt like about 185's was the car felt less planted and you could push it harder but the car felt more on edge - i didnt like that.

Quote Originally Posted by katbloke
    hmmmm i have 2 dash bulbs gone, the oil temp and exterior temp
    Real easy these ones. Take the top dash off, undo the centre screws where the oil tep dials are, unplug, look on the back there are some lil black bulb carriers 1/4 turn click out the ones that dont work & replace

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie
    I prefered 195/45's tbh.

End of the day its personal preference and the way you like a car to handle.

What I didnt like about 185's was the car felt less planted and you could push it harder but the car felt more on edge - i didnt like that.
    I like the 195 also I find they grip nice and slide nice, esp on the Yokie spec 2's im usin :D

Quote Originally Posted by stevefesta
    Thanks for the tips on bulbs, will look into something over easter holiday
    Will get pics of the exhaust at some point, found a reciept for a magnex one in the documents, but can't see any markings on the actual exhaust.

As for the limiter, haven't a clue. I wasn't looking at dials close enough when it cut in to know. What should it be standard?

Took one of my friends out last night and he things there may be an engine mount gone / going!! and the alarm went of in the middle of the night! Don't think it liked the wind.
    is it the standard cobra???? if so then after 15 years odd could be time for a replacement, if it keeps playing up.
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by FATBOY
    Quote Originally Posted by stevefesta
    Thanks for the tips on bulbs, will look into something over easter holiday
    Will get pics of the exhaust at some point, found a reciept for a magnex one in the documents, but can't see any markings on the actual exhaust.

As for the limiter, haven't a clue. I wasn't looking at dials close enough when it cut in to know. What should it be standard?

Took one of my friends out last night and he things there may be an engine mount gone / going!! and the alarm went of in the middle of the night! Don't think it liked the wind.
    is it the standard cobra???? if so then after 15 years odd could be time for a replacement, if it keeps playing up.
    I assume it is the standard original one, as it has renault cobra on the manual!! Has stopped playing up now, so fingers crossed won't need to fork out for a replacment yet

on the back box does it have a little square plate welded on botton with a few numbers in it?

Normally a magnex code.

Everything i was gona say has already been added

Agree with Kneesparks in regards to the limiter, mines exactly the same. Same with Daz on tyres and fatboy on the alarm front!

Forum User
    I dont agree with daz on tyres,.........all tyres are a compromise...whatever your wallet can stand....we dont all have bottomless pits of money ...so enough of the sweeping statements thank you....especially in these trying times.....