Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum User

TOO LOUD or what's the best exhaus system

Hi all,

I bought my Williams 2 with an aftermarket exhaust, not sure which one. And when you drive around town it is bearable - loud but fine. However, I drove about 90 miles the other day to Watford and back on the motorway, and had a headache afterwards. Around 80 mph constantly takes the revs up to around 4k and it's just noise.... loud noise...... nothing nice about it.....

What's the best exhaust system for Williams noise and performance combined?

Cheers!

Forum User
    std system plenty good enough and dont sound bad

do you have a picture of your exhaust? somebody may be able to identify it..

magnex seems to the best fitting and quite popular.. not too loud at all..

mongoose also is popular, slightly bigger bore, and slightly louder.. my preference would have to be the mongoose

I have a scorpion that is a sensible loud IMO but I'm looking to change mine back to standard, less hassle with trying to get aftermarket ones to fit tbh! Anything else will rattle fact!

I had a magnex taken off cos I thought it was too loud. Spesh over 70 as ur saying....over 90 then it was fine (on private road)

I'd always go the custom route tbh, Powerflow, Blueflame etc. you can get them to build a quieter system if that's what you want and the fit and quality will always be better than any off the shelf exhaust. Personally I have a magnex back box with Powerflow custom centre section and although it's loud, it's fairly civilised compared with my old devil system and the fit is spot on, Demon Tweeks fitted mine if you're interested...

I would recommend Prospeed in Cardiff if its not to far. My Magnex was too loud for motorway use at 70mph it was horrible.

Went down to see Charlie at Prospeed and he built me a custom exhaust to the exact spec I wanted. Its loud when you hit the throttle but sound as a mouse on the motorway doing 70mph. It only really comes alive when you make the engine work.

Magnex is also for sale if anyone is intrested along with a scilenced decat pipe.

I would recommend a scorpion myself as I had that one (before the large speed bump go rid of it for me )
    Was quite quiet at low speeds/revs but made a nice raw when your chasing scoobys :D

Iv got a muff diver :P at the min but thats just way too loud imo, the decat makes a bit of a difference tho.

Put a silenced decat in that will sort you out a treat

Silenced De-cat is the way to go, the burble and back fire on over run is awesome to be fair with the decat in, but without it being silenced its too loud. I think the loudest is the Mongoose, i had it on mine, also had one on my Evo iv.... not the best quality i have to admit, but brought in some nice power and sound to boot.

A lot of people are actually going back to standard, which may or may not be a good thing, personally i would keep your own if you have a decat fitted, that way you can either pop the cat back on for a while to gauge the sound difference or buy a cheap silenced decat. You get the best of both worlds them imo

Quote Originally Posted by LEIGH-ANNE
    I have a scorpion that is a sensible loud IMO but I'm looking to change mine back to standard, less hassle with trying to get aftermarket ones to fit tbh! Anything else will rattle fact!

I had a magnex taken off cos I thought it was too loud. Spesh over 70 as ur saying....over 90 then it was fine (on private road)
    Did you not have a Devil backbox as wel?