Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have a company and so was looking into doing it through that, when I get the projects finished and more than a couple of them on the road at a time. Admiral multi car was pants for my needs - I was insured as the only driver and the premium went up massively each car I added, even though I could only ever be using one at a time! Now I just insure a couple and swap the insurance every couple of months when I want to drive another - paying the admin fee to change each time seems to work out cheapest for me at the moment if I limit what I use when.

For you chaps that already have trader's policies do you find you get stopped by the police a lot to go through the paperwork? Now with ANPR cameras and the new law just in saying it is illegal to own a car that is not insured (unless it is SORNd) then I can see myself getting stopped a lot and a load of paperwork sent to me threatening fines unless I have a policy that covers each specific licence plate?

Ive been stopped 3/4 times in the last 4 years.
    The officers tend to be quite understanding tbh, youve just got to be firm that the actual text on the insurance certificate says "........is insured to drive any vehicle in his/their possesion".

I also tell them to PNC one of my pool cars to prove I have a trade policy, that usually does the trick.

Worst case is you get a producer, i know im all legal and above board, so no worries with it tbh.