Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Donny Park Meet 19.07.09 *CANCELLED* Ty Croes Instead......?

***Williamsclio Donnington Park Meet***

Date: Saturday and Sunday 18th and 19th of July.

Plan

The idea of the club meet is a track day and camping weekend.

The plan for Saturday is to turn up in the afternoon and have a few beers and a bbq at Donnington Park. Obviously I haven’t arranged to use Donnington’s car park but it is a VAST open space there and should be plenty of room and grass to park a few cars and have a natter and a bbq either in the car park itself or in the camp site. Also a good opportunity to take a few pictures..

Sunday is the track day itself and if you don’t fancy doing the track or don’t have cash, just come and watch or camp on Saturday night to just have a laugh.

If you are coming to camp make sure you bring a few beers possibly a disposable bbq and a packet of burgers and buns ;)

I also plan to possibly stay Sunday night and anyone wishing to do so is more than welcome.

Track Day Details (Arranged through Tom Jones @ trackday.co.uk):

Date: Sunday 19th of July

Cost: £145 less 5% Williamsclio discount.

Details: Sessioned day using 3 groups per hour – novice, intermediate and expert. When you book you will be asked which group you will be going in and must specify at the outset, I am unsure if you can change once there if your ability is above/below your choice.

Can I hire a helmet?
    NO – You need to buy one or lend one prior to the day (Please see Wobba’s link for a cheap helmet)

How do I book?
    Ring trackday.co.uk ask for Tom Jones tell him you are a member of Williamsclio group booking and he will apply the discount. Contact No 0870-444-5541. (They will details of me Jamie Higgins and email clio_williams3@hotmail.com on record.)

What do I need to bring with me on the day?
    Both parts of your driving licence. However if you do not have one element or forget you must have some valid ID and a DVLA check will be done on yourself.

When do I need to pay?
    As soon as possible is the advice, currently as at the 21st of February there is “plenty of availability” but obviously these could sell out.

Camping Details

Price: £16 per standard sized tent + £2 p/person p/night.

Location: Actually in Donnington Park about 100 yards from the paddock. For those of you which know Donny well it’s the camp site which is on the right hand side as you come off the gravel and onto the tarmac bit up toward the top car park – it’s on the right hand side there.

Contact Telephone No to book: 01332-862409

When do I need to pay? Well my advice is ASAP really - it’s pretty cheap and I have not confirmed any details but since its only £16 per tent I would reserve a spot when you know you are definitely going to go etc as there is only a total of 60 pitches available. However, I was told they have “plenty left” but please remember this is the middle of July….

Total Cost – Idiots Guide

If you plan to come Saturday night and camp as well as the track day on the Sunday it is going to be approx. £156 based on you camping on your own and you have your own helmet. If you just want to come for the camping and a laugh it’s going to cost hardly anything in all honesty.

Note

I have tried to cover all the important details but if there is anything I have missed out please ensure you make others aware so that you don’t turn up on the day only not to be able to do it.

Finally

Have fun.

Attendees:

Jamie

Attendees:

Jamie
    northy

Attendees:

Jamie
    northy
    Zollo

Forum User
    Attendees:

Jamie
    northy
    Zollo
    Richy

Attendees:

Jamie
    northy
    Zollo
    Richy
    GazTwo
    FlamingMonkey

Quote Originally Posted by FATBOY
    Attendees:

Jamie
    northy
    Zollo
    Richy
    GazTwo
    FlamingMonkey
    fatboy(not tracking her,but would be more than happy to be a co-pilot for someone)
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Forum User
    Jamie
    northy
    Zollo
    Richy
    GazTwo
    FlamingMonkey
    fatboy
    Talking Fish (won't be camping but will be there on both days, Mrs Talking Fish will also be having a go on the track day - will be going for the novices section as I don't fancy trashing my car...!!!)

J o n
    Jamie
    northy
    Zollo
    Richy
    GazTwo
    FlamingMonkey
    fatboy
    Talking Fish
    Andy GDI - probably a Clio
    Richard Omex - charged Westy or charged Stryker
    Me - 100k smoker

Jamie, are additional drivers free do you know?