Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Car off for MOT!

Worked very hard to get it up to standard, and today is 217's big day!

I have a tiny chip on windscreen, headlight beam may be out, emissions may be a bit high.

Will it pass, or fail? Taking bets now!

Forum User
    If the chip is less than a 1/2pence, or outside od the wiper sweep, it should pass. if it's a friendly garage the headlight adjustment is really easy, and the emissions should be ok if you get the temp up.

Good luck Wobba.
    Pass [-o<

Good luck ;) lol

Thanks guys! The chip is about 2mm. They've not moved the car yet so it will be cold when they test it hehe.

I had to fit a new bonnet latch, fit new rear light cluster, change back to CAT, fix seized brake bias valve, replace leaking aux tank, replace fuel lines, bleed brakes, fix passenger door so it opens from outside, replace worn rear pads, replace both horns. I replaced tyres, checked pressure, replaced suspension and all parts associated with it including welded column (and had AVO's repaired), replaced top mounts, new sparks and HT leads and dizzy cap/rotor arm, new air filter, 2 oil changes and filter, new fuel filter, new transmission fluid, new reg plate screw covers and various other miscellaneous bits like new wipers.

Even cleaned it!

Fingers crossed.

I might wash mine this year LOL

Epic fail! lol

Only messing mate, lets hope it passes!!

I reckon they will fail it on headlight beam adjustment. Seems fine to me, but tey will have to find something.

Failed on:

Headlight aim (typical).

Deteriorated front nearside brake hose (excuse for braided one I guess)

Welding required near offside rear arch/sill (they say it was been filled and is inside the prescribed safety area for the suspension, personally, I think they are being picky)

Not happy about the welding tbh.

Forum User
    thats a shame mate as i have seen from viewing the forum how much time etc you have put into the car.

They give you any idea as to how much work was involved to sort the rear arch/sill?

New sill for me was something lik £400