Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    More bloody money but if what matt(?) said at the ace cafe meet up is true (that he has to turn his down from full hot as it's too hot to bear!) then new rad and heater matrix is a good thing in my book... lol

Quote Originally Posted by white16valver
    More bloody money but if what matt(?) said at the ace cafe meet up is true (that he has to turn his down from full hot as it's too hot to bear!) then new rad and heater matrix is a good thing in my book... lol
    I think mine is full of sludge. I am going to take it off this weekend and check. I've got some new pipes, new thermostat, new rad sensor and wiring and an aux water pump to go on and special gold bolts for my thermo housing. May as well do the radiator at the same time and give the system a major 24 hour hose-pipe flush!

That was probably Matt Wills you spoke too

Nah, it was other matt - matt wills has the trophy, doesn't he? I think this was matt with the 172 conversion?

With the rad, if you've not done it before you'll be amazed how much crap comes out lol

Flush it alternating directions with a hosepipe and stuff will keep coming out for ages!

As a thought, will sealing the ends up and putting petrol in it break more of the crap off?

Have fun getting the thermostat off without rounding the bolts LoL

was me! :p

and yeh, i normally have the right side vent aimed at my hand on the steering wheel, but with the new matrix it burns!

but then i have an almost new rad and all my pipes are clean and clear of crap .. and my engine has been rebuilt, so my cooling system is in good nick!

as for the thermostat bolts, I'm doing my valvers thermostat when it arrives... but I bought a new set of bolts and washer from Renault...;)

they've changed the design from a torx head to a hex head!

Yep they have changed the bolt design.

I did my valvers rad, as you can read in Project Wobba. I flushed it for two hours before I got bored and said enoughs enough. Still had some bits flaoting out though. I tend to partly fill it, block one end and shake the crap out of it side to side and up and down.

Great fun!

lol

I think the change in bolt design is probably a good plan

re: the shaking the rad thing, would the petrol thing I suggested work better? I know it's good for getting grease etc off stuff

The old torx bolts sucked and I rounded off several before...

As for petrol, I dunno, but I think my plan is too employ Calgon, as if that wont shift it, no-one can

lol!

I hadn't thought of that :P