Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

16v_paddy's Minty Mint 1995 Naples Valver

Well the time has come for me to sell my beloved valver a very reluctant sale but it is to help pay for my dream car so it's time to move on
    It's a mint naples red phase 2, I replaced the interior with the leather seats & door cards, Ph1 steering wheel and some bigger speakers in the doors (before anyone slates me for them I like to listen to my music while driving and the original speakers didn't work, so stfu )
    She has been very well looked after, serviced every 5,00 miles by myself and has come a long way since I bought her in Feb 2007.
    Was a bit of a heap but I bought her with the intention of making it into a minter, and thats precisely what I've done :D

To summarise, she has got

Fresh MOT - no advisories
    Tax till end of March
    Tons of receipts & all old MOT's
    Full set of Yokohama Parada spec 2 tyres - 6 months old
    Re-furbished ph2 wheels painted gloss black
    New suspension all round - lowered 30mm Std front shocks, Clio Cup rears
    Wilwood 4 pots & braided brake hoses
    Supersprint manifold & de-catted magnex exhaust system

Fully re-sprayed shell, with new arches and OS sill welded in- I have pictures of the work in progress as proof, all bumpstrips etc colour coded, RSi side skirts, Williams spoiler, new OE headlights & fog lights, Ph1 wing mirrors

I'll list the mechanical bits I've done/replaced in order(ish) over the last 2 years

Rear discs, pads & OE wheel bearings
    Goodridge braided brake hoses all round with new pipes & unions on the front
    Full set of Samco oil & coolant hoses
    New OE wishbones
    New OE track rods & track rod ends
    Dogbone mount with powerflex bushes
    Magnex cat back exhaust system with custom de-cat pipe - the de-cat was custom made from a normal one so it would fit with the supersprint manifold, this exhaust was a proper ballache but the disgusting/chavtastic massive k-tec thing had to go
    New wheel bearings at the front

New std front shocks
    30mm Eibach lowering springs
    New rear Clio Cup shocks - the rear is lowered, I was told it was by 30mm when I bought the car but not 100% sure
    New OE driveshafts - the gearbox had to be helicoiled to fit the new shafts
    EBC Turbogroove discs
    EBC Redstuff pads
    Wilwood forged Dynalite 4 pot calipers with the goodridge hoses replaced for the longer wilwood items to suit the calipers
    New rotor arm, dizzy cap and 8mm magnecor HT leads

There's also lots of other new parts that were fitted while it was being re-sprayed but I'll point them out to whoever comes to view the car, too many & too boring to list bits of trim etc

Bad Points - always something
    Mileage 128k but regularly serviced and properly warmed up befor being driven how it's supposed to be
    A few marks & scratches picked up since the respray but I doubt you'll find them, but I'll point them out
    I have only got one key for the car but I've got some spare blanks that I bought and will include them in the sale

I'll include in the sale all the spares that I have, headlights, mirrors, sunroof & rear quarter glass, plastics ( if you want them)
    I also have a full set of powerflex bushes that I haven't fitted

As some of you know I started to rebuild a megane F7R engine, it is also up for sale please ask for more details

A stunning example of a valver that's been very well looked after and needs to go to a good home. Preferably to someone who will put the engine she deserves in to make it the perfect example
    £2,400 open to sensible offers

The car will be with me at a RR day in Ripley, Derbyshire sun 15th Feb
    Ace Cafe London mon 16th Feb
    Santa Pod meet sun 22nd Feb (if it hasn't sold by then) if anyone would like to have a look at it
    Plenty more pictures available on request

UPDATE

The car is having a new clutch fitted

very nice motor is this lee, if only i hadnt bought the willy!! were is the rr day? i live a mile away from ripley, might pop up.

53 Nottingham Road
    Ripley
    Derbyshire
    UK
    DE5 3AS

Kicks off about 9 mate, be good to see the willy, I take it you got it fixed ok after your little mishap?

yeah mate, just destroyed the alloy luckily! found out the passenger rear wheel had a puncture, only had 12psi in it! d'oh! whats the name of this place tomorrow? how much??

I don't know what it's called

£25 per run, not sure if anyone has nicked my place or not so you might get a run :D

cool, if i get up in time (out on the pop tonight) il pop up. be good to see some faces and motors. didnt even know there was a rollin road in ripley! didnt even know there was a garage on that road either!!

What car you gettin to replace it?

Trophy

Bit More of an Update

Since the engine is out for the clutch to be done she's being treated to a new cam belt, water pump, samco bottom coolant hose (the 1 that looks like a mess of spaghetti ) & some fresh 0W40 as well :D