Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: HYbrid Plaque

would also be interested good idea!

Forum User
    Definitely up for one of these

could the willy ones be gold with blue writing like the originals?

They look awesome mate i would be up for one. Would it be possilbe to have engine number instead of reg?

So for example in my case

HYbrid
    B18FT

?

I would prefere silver personally and rivet holes just my input

Forum User
    Just an idea but you could mass produce a generic plaque in alloy then use a letter punch set to do any individualisation like number plates/engine codes etc.

This would look more 'factory' - IIRC that probably what reno did wit the willy ones.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=217873

Quote Originally Posted by hill_power_clio
    Quote Originally Posted by 16v_paddy
    The lazy git could've made a decent measurement from the space on my dash he was in there long enough pissing about with the camera :P
    We want exact dimensions not a rough guess... unlike some I like to do a proper job
    oooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooo oooohhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! who lit the fuse on your tampon?? :P

Forum User
    lol! i'll text wobba tomoro and get some accurate measurements if he'll let me

Yeah sounds good mate.

I like all the ideas lads so appreciate the input but obviously to make it worth while I need to cap it down otherwise will become admin mayhem...

NB: Still looking into the possibility of cutting these in metal.

Using the materials shown above I'd prefer to cut them in the thicker acrylic as it is easier and safer to work with, the laminate on the thin stuff is hard work. Also with the thicker stuff I think it WILL be feasible to chamfer off the edges (as well as rounding the corners) so even more like the original plaque.

Working with the thicker material does give us more colour options but means we can't use the brushed look sadly but the solid gold or solid silver does look good in the flesh - less tacky IMO.

The thicker material is more durable and with a thicker top acrylic makes the writing look better in the flesh as you get a deeper cut.

u33db - difficult to punch into this current material mate as it is acrylic however I'd suggest if anyone wanted to do this (and certainly for any alloy metal ones as you suggest if I produce) just quote to leave the personalisation bit out and punch it in yourself - too much room for human error on my part otherwise!

adamski - we could do engine codes if people want.....

whats the general concensus? do we want to keep it to just three leg retters or engine code or what? I think it would be nice to keep them the same if possible for a bit of coherency?

rob-legend Might be able to do willy ones in gold with blue writing yes but only on the thicker material - will confirm this.

Finally; I can apply the adhesive backing afterwards so I'm hoping to keep the same price for rivet holes or sticky back - i.e. just quote when ordering scenario.

To have one made as a keyring - not a problem. Can supply complete with keyring loop - just needs a bigger hole! This would again be at a very very similar or exact same price as the

To make this financially viable I would prefer not to send them recorded delivery - unless of course people would rather pay the extra to have it sent in this manner? I think you all know from my gasket sales everyone has recieved on time and nobody has missed any deliveries but I do understand as I get sick of loosing stuff in the post!

good feedback peeps niceone! :D

i think you should do last three on all of them, so they all have something in common, when's this going to start then? has anyone given you measurements?

oh and do a gold and blue willy one uut of gold too (if it doesnt cost the earth)

me too mate!

I am just waiting for some kind soul to give me the exact dimensions so I can't get one proper one made up for you all to look at and approve - then let the production commence!