Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HYbrid Plaque

HYbrid Plaque

Hi All;

had a nice idea the other day to make HYbrid (or williams) plaques in the same or similar style to that of the Clio Williams original one. This is mainly of course for the niche that have valvers with 2.0 blocks in but essentially can be used on any setup...

You may have seen the Hybrid logo used before...

The idea being to work off that logo to make a plaque we could use as interior trickery - basically just one of those nice little forums touches.

Looking at the first batch of samples we have used any design (PG being powergaskets; just a company name used for the gaskets I made for the thermal intake gasket in the for sale section!).

My main thoughts would be to generate a more identical replica to that of the williams - i.e. replace the big W with the big HY, change the williams writing to Hybrid and then the number... I was thinking that as some forums do - use the last three letters of your car reg?

I don't mind making these up customally but you have to drawn the line somewhere and I don't know about your views on this but if they were all the same just with the customisation of the reg number in place of the williams ID then that would be fine? if they were all the same just with different ID plates it would make it quite a unique little forum thing!

The inital batch has also been made in an acrylic - you can see the x3 different materials used; the thick gold, thick silver and then the sticky backed brushed look. Could potentially get them made in metal but obviously acrylic would be cheaper and easier to work with.

This is just a first batch to gauge interest and to gather thoughts so obviously the plaque needs some adjustments in terms of size and design but comments welcome....

(Obviously making these also with a sticky backed option means you dont have to rivet them on - but again not a problem to cut with ready made holes.)

pricing at this stage unknown but certainly not a lot!

Cheers

That looks like quite a good idea. Especically if ur plate can be added insead of Num 89er

I thinbk the middle one looks best.... :D

Forum User
    i like the look of the brushed plaque, wouldnt mind the reg or somehting on it

thats awesome!!

just a pity i drive a williams

I thought it would be quite good too to be honest!

If we get enough people interested in them I'll be able to get them knocked up for cheap!

People put comments on here and if enough interest I'll make a for sale thread...

Sticky back or Rivet is quite important so I can determine thickest sticky back material I have if people want them thick?

Cheers

Forum User
    i'd like a silver one if you can supply fixings else just a stickey backed brushed one

Forum User
    dont want the pg emblem though

I would love one with Williams or 172 on it or something as a keyring.

Id be interested,middle one looks best imo

I am going to cap this to:

HYbrid design
    and
    Williams design

purely because custom after custom will be too much admin/hardwork.. Also keeping them the same will be a nice touch I feel.

Looking at the original it also says Renault across the bottom.

Does anybody want this on?

Finally no problem adding a hole and potentially even supplying the keyring loop too.