Re-shelling - how hard actually is it?

Well, I've been thinking for a while that chasing rust round my one is an ultimately pointless exercise in the end, unless I can do a bare shell strip down, rust removal and respray.

Which would cost a fortune.

So exactly how hard would it be to reshell into a good condition shell? (Preferably without a sunroof as I'm fed up with an in-car shower lol)

What's involved?

Engine and all suspension parts are either in vgc or virtually new on mine (plus it's widetracked), and the interior is in good nick too, so swapping them over to a decent shell would make sense, but is it a complete nightmare?

Would the car killers like MatBrown and Winston ;) recommend it?

I just don't want to spend another £600 getting the rear arches chopped out and redone, and then another £400 on the older sill, when for that money I might be able to pick up a mint bodywork, slightly tired elsewhere shell...

It would be a mission but if I pulled my finger out my arse and stopped being a fair-weather mechanic lol I reckon it wouldn't actually take that long!

Advice and recommendations gratefully received

i had my black clio re-shelled into my naples took about 3 days and then it wouldnt bloody run due to the wiring looms not matching up, after a bit of rewiring it was fine though

Took me just over a week to do a full reshell but that was from a 100% bare shell

Its not a hard job... good fun, but deffo a summer job imo... I did it in december, never again lol

Hard part is finding a good shell... as you never know how good it is until you have it bare boned

As said, it's not that hard a job but you will struggle to find a decent shell.

Mat.

Bugger.

lol

keep your eyes open i came across mine on here, its not in perfect condition has a few dents and scratches but its rust free so they are about!

Cool, I will see what comes up... :D