Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hmmmm not sure about this........

Hi all i spent like 5 hours struggling to take off the std williams zorst manifold and putting on the Prowler S/S manifold........... After lots of shouting and cussing i managed to tighten up the 4-2-1 manifold and down pipe only to be disappointed with the results
    It does not seem to have made sod all difference to the power of the car, apart from maybe loosing a lil mid range grunt. On the std manifold the car picked up again at 5500 RPM now it just feels a lil flat and picks up at 4500 and pulls the same till the red line.......... is it me going mad??

Have you double checked theres no leaks? As the fire ring can be a pain to get a decent seal on.

And it wouldn't do no harm resetting the ecu by disconnecting the battery for a little while.

Put new Renault manifold gasket on and checked everything was sealed

When i first fitted my supersprint i was a little disappointed tbh, but a few days went by and the car seemed to pull better, now id say it has made a difference, Certainly didnt loose any power, just gained a nice bit from 5250 onwards :D

tbf. if the 4-2-1 was a better mani for the car, youd think reno would have fitted one as std.

they chose not to. know wot theyre doing these little froggies.

Quote Originally Posted by 2 live
    tbf. if the 4-2-1 was a better mani for the car, youd think reno would have fitted one as std.

they chose not to. know wot theyre doing these little froggies.
    Built to a price, mass production, thats why alot of ppl change stuff about

Ye Valver manifold is cast which is probably uber cheap to mass produce, williams item isnt stainless but probably hand crafted,
    Supersprints and the like being made out of stainless are obviously going to be dearer to make, The Supersprint is a work of art in a fabricators eyes, it only cracks because the engine will move around and anything solid will flex,
    Anyway back to topic, Anyone who thinks there going to gain 10mph up there favourite bit of road by fitting a supersprint/devil/prowler should think again, its not exactly like you'll pull car lengths on your old set up!
    The reason i got mine but only because it was 2 weeks old and Half the price of a new one i bought it, Curiosity had me wondering what the difference would be, i was happy with the results after the car got used to it, but i wouldnt have been happy if i had paid top whack!

Forum User
    manifold isn't something that'll do much on it's own. Good complimentary mod for a more tuned engine though. Hated the willy manifold so I've modded a 172 manifold to go on Bex car, need to adjust the PAS pipe so it can fit over the top of the subframe now.

braided lines are ur friend

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Coops
    braided lines are ur friend
    nope, local hydraulics place is though ;) Not a paying job so it's getting done bit by bit for fun