Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Williams 1 Plaque number and Chassis number.

Hi guys, my name is Ben, I'm from Oxford. I am a new member to the forum, and hope to soon be getting my first Clio Williams! I have spent hours looking at and reading about all of your lovely cars and now its time for me to pick your brains for some information!

I was wondering If the Plaque numbers in a Williams 1 relate to the Chassis number at all? For example, would it be possible to confirm a cars authenticity by comparing the 2 numbers?

How common are fakes, where people place a plaque in an older car, or change the number of a car?

Thanks guys! Great community you have here, I look forward very much to becoming a part of it!

Ben Carr

Forum User
    numbers dont match as far as im aware as for fakes guess theres always a chance but if you use the site you will find cars come up for sale and everyone on here seem pretty sound and definitely well informed so any dodgy cars are picked up and hightlighted quickly if in doubt ask

Welcome Ben, someone cool must have recomended this place

haha yes mate! I think, If i remember correctly it was YOU! 10 points and a gold star.

Forum User
    numbers dont tally with the vin/chassis number, think some guy was sticking them on randomly at the factory! lol

doubt you will get many valvers with the plaque stuck in them, but best way to make sure its a real williams is by checking the vin has C57M as that stands for the williams, not the c57d as on 1.8 16vs

Welcome Ben

Fakes are fairly rare mate, but there are a few about, you can normally spot them a mile off though, no wide track, non williams interior, dodgy stickers etc. people normally won't go to great lengths to copy every fine detail, but I have seen a few over the years (ebay especially). Best bet is to ask on here if in doubt. Enjoy your stay!

Good posting tommo......and welcome!

Best to buy one from here to be honest as our members cars are bound to be better than the average joe blogs......

:D

Thanks For the info guys! Very useful! I wasn't so much thinking of non widetracked Valvers being badged up as a williams but say a Williams 2 being badged as a Williams 1. Very rare I am sure but I just wanted to ask you guys so that I have as much info as possible when it comes down to choosing the right car.

Did the Williams 1's come with anything in their documentation that stated their series number? A certificate or anything like that?

Thanks Guys!

Ben

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by bodben
    Thanks For the info guys! Very useful! I wasn't so much thinking of non widetracked Valvers being badged up as a williams but say a Williams 2 being badged as a Williams 1. Very rare I am sure but I just wanted to ask you guys so that I have as much info as possible when it comes down to choosing the right car.

Did the Williams 1's come with anything in their documentation that stated their series number? A certificate or anything like that?

Thanks Guys!

Ben
    no m8

Once u find one u like......cum bk to us and give us pics if u can etc....we will be able to spot a shoddy one