Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum User
    happy to leave my roof lining where it is and get the idea that the buy is aimed at the trackday lads but still wonder if you run a carbon roof fitted in the way you state would it give anymore rigidity especially without a rollcage or are you stating that this mod is to be done inconjunction with a rollcage my comments are just on here as food for thought and not to piss on your ideas for your group buy and certainly like to see some further postings from someone who carries out this mod should make good reading

I completly understand what you mean mate, no hard feelings on my behalf!

Tbh, yes it would require a rollcage in conjunction with the Roof skin if you wanted to be alot more safer and in line with the newer modern day cars if you rolled it.

But ...it can be fitted without and it wont cause the shell to flex, it will simply be for looks on a day to day car, IF you were to roll it, without a rollcage i dont know what distorsion the carbon skin would go threw but just look at videos on you tube of mk1 clios that have rolled, you will see how poor the structure is.

As for fitting for the other member who asked, i have put a brief description in the thread a few posts back

Any more questions welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by ClioDan87
    Ok as Speed said, it is a complete Roof skin WITHOUT a sunroof.

It will be as strong as a metal one yes, cause if you remove the roof lining your roof will flex like a bitch.

To fit this skin you will need to remove the bulk of the roof without cutting into the Chanels. The skin will come into the chanels to give you something to bond to. Either use Sikoflex or Tiger seal or equivilant.
    Once skin is laied on you will need to drill a hole every 6 inch's down both the chanels and rivet the skin to the shell while the panel bond is curing.

Hope this helps, and any other questions are welcome.
    If i cant answer them i will email Mike at Performance-trim and ask him

Cheers Dan
    The roof may perhaps flex, but if you look at the cars structure. The flexing of the chassis has to be channeled out to the weakest part of the chassis.
    Which on Clio's is the roof.
    If you fit a roll cage and strut braces etc, you can eventually see signs of the roof trying to flex.
    Despite the chassis being stiffened up.
    So the movement of the roof is a good thing in ways, as its not being channeled else where.
    Which could cause cracks etc.

You could find that long term these sort of roofs will be subject to fatigue because of this.
    It would be good if there was an approved fitting guide from the manufacturers, rather than a sheet of carbon being sold as a direct replacement..
    There's always more to something than meets the eye.

www.performance-trim.co.uk

Offer a fitting option at an approved bodyshop of there own.

For the cost of £400

Dan

Bump. The new year is almost here ..

Any takers to you track slags?! ;)