Fuel pump blowing fuses

Basically my car has blown about 10 fuses getting to work then from work breaking down every few hundred yards

The fuel pump fuse just keeps on blowing and i dont know why. I closed my door when the AA guy came and it choked the engine if you get me?

My dad and the AA guy said it cant be the relay or any wiring before the fuse as it wouldnt blow so it must be shorting somewhere else

Has anyone else had this problem or knows a solution?

might seem strange but check the wires near your ECU in the scuttle, have heard of the wipers cutting through the loomand shorting it before

Checked them all today by eye as i dont have a multi meter or wiring diagram. Its deffinatly not shorting anywhere as far as i can see and i've driven it a bit today and it hasnt blown. Seems very odd i hope it doesnt do it again. Surely though if it was shorting before the loom the fuse wouldnt blow 'cause the current isnt going through that if its shorting

Forum User
    How many times has it blown?

Not unusual to have a faulty new part...

If it is continually blowing could go 'up one' on the fuse your using? although I cant advise in terms of possible adverse affects or anything like that
    one of them things you may have to 'suck and see'

Remember a lot of people needing to do this when ICE first took off in a big way...

Forum User
    if you are blowing that many fuses you have a prob somewhere maybe intermittent but a higher rated fuse could all end in tears m8 if you can would recommend auto electrician to check it over better than burnt out loom or car

Subscribed Member
    Quote Originally Posted by busterhymes
    if you are blowing that many fuses you have a prob somewhere maybe intermittent but a higher rated fuse could all end in tears m8 if you can would recommend auto electrician to check it over better than burnt out loom or car
    your spot on there mate, dont up the fuse you may regret it done it myself and melted my loom to my head lights on my focus before finding the fault

Turns out its my valver ECU...

I stripped out the car traced all the wires and theres nothing wrong. I was using higher rated fuses to get me further as i only got about 200 yards in a 20amp! But yes back to my williams ECU which is fine now. Very odd that it was blowing!

Valver ECU was much faster than my williams :(

were you running valver head on williams block ?
    hence better gains from the valver ecu setup due to the head

Yep valver head, decided to use my valver ECU after the rolling road day. Think you were there Allen? It made a disappointing result with the williams ECU :( I've never heard of this happening before though....