Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJesus
    Quote Originally Posted by stan
    They didnt perform better on the dyno though, is my point.

Theory is great, as is flowbench tests, but its the end result on the dyno (or better still the road) which counts.

As for the ford stuff, well theres plenty of theoretical reasons why ( ) but hey....
    Not on the Clio's they didn't, no better no worse... they did however perform better on Ford engines and whatever the Radical uses... shame really. This is why testing is a must really, as I know another company had some ever earlier prototypes sat there that they were trying to sell to an unsuspecting moron for £2000 lol
    They work on fords alright.

Friend has a Fiesta witht the leatest Sigma engine 1600 and is getting 218bhp previous same spec with Jenvey was 207bhp, with torque very similar. They gave a bit more top end, roller barrel are in theory the best design but suffer problems with dirt getting in the mechanism and the reast you can guess.

J o n
    Quote Originally Posted by Evogone
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJesus
    They didnt perform better on the dyno though, is my point.

Theory is great, as is flowbench tests, but its the end result on the dyno (or better still the road) which counts.

As for the ford stuff, well theres plenty of theoretical reasons why ( ) but hey....
    Not on the Clio's they didn't, no better no worse... they did however perform better on Ford engines and whatever the Radical uses... shame really. This is why testing is a must really, as I know another company had some ever earlier prototypes sat there that they were trying to sell to an unsuspecting moron for £2000 lol
    They work on fords alright.

Friend has a Fiesta witht the leatest Sigma engine 1600 and is getting 218bhp previous same spec with Jenvey was 207bhp, with torque very similar. They gave a bit more top end, roller barrel are in theory the best design but suffer problems with dirt getting in the mechanism and the reast you can guess.
    Just shows you have to try it to see. The theory of them is sound and by rights they should be better, however on the Clio's they were the same, but that's what R&D is all about. People like to make a big thing about them being worse, but there not, they are the same, but I know GDI use them when they build Westfield comp and trackday spec engines for customers and other companies.

Let me throw this into the mix then

What about some comparisons/discussion of bike bodies on an F7R over the ones in the OP & jenveys

There is currently no empircal data to support or disprove them.

Suffice to say a 42mm throttle plate, or a 48mm throttle plate, is just that....whether its produced by Jenvey, APT, Kehein, Weber etc.

As long as length and proflie are consistent, then there is no reason at all why they wont perform.

As I said before its all down to fitment. With relative ease you can fit a Jenvey set-up "off-the-shelf". Order this, this and this, and hey presto.
    You cant do that with bike bodies. Thats not to say you cant implement them.
    And for what its worth, has anyone ever payed close attention to the Maxi ITB set-up?? Not think it looks more like i should be on a bike than a clio?
    Point being they ae much of a muchness...

I think the snobbery surrounding them comes from shoddy, messy, installations on old fiestas etc

Now tell me they dont look like "bike bodies"!

Form follows function, but still theres no reason why a similar set-up cant "look good" as well as giving the desired performance.

And just to clarify a point, theres no empirical data for RENAULT 2.0's....
    A quick google search will bring up all sorts of supporting data for other makes/models.

J o n

Now tell me they dont look like "bike bodies"!

Form follows function, but still theres no reason why a similar set-up cant "look good" as well as giving the desired performance.
    Look a little like Webbers...

they look alot more like these!

on the clios the AT bodies didnt deliver the power..

the AT's had no tapers at all... no inclusive angled inlet etc

they were 42mm parallel tubes with a nice butterfly valve...

they certainly looked good, but just didnt perform in our extensive tests..

this does not suggest they couldnt or dont on other marques,,,