Tyre: Toyo R1R
Size: 195/50/15
Car Fitted To: Renault Williams Clio Ph1 no.217
Suspension Setup: AVO coilovers, lowered, polybushed, AST adjustable top mounts, R19 wishbones, camber correction bolts for increased negative camber. Tested on both 250 and 350lb 2.25" springs
Total Tyre Mileage: Over 10k plus trackday

Pro's:

Amazing grip. No. I mean it, VERY grippy.

Better alternative to R888 for daily road use.

Much better wear rate than I expected. They have just now gone over the legal limit on tread and I fitted them a year ago. I've used them on the car a lot, with jut a 2 weeks break when it snowed and I used my other wheels. I did a trackday at Anglesey on them, they were great, not much marbling especially compared to the F1's which marbled badly.

I would say if you like having fun with tail out action etc, dont buy these as to get them slipping you need to be driving very hard on a normal road setting.

They look great. The flat sidewalls give the car a nice profile.

Cons:

They don't inspire in the wet. They do aquaplane more readily than normal tyres.

They can be expensive, though Camskill sometimes do special deals on them.

I felt as if they had too soft sidewalls for my liking, BUT that could be because my AVO's were leaking and giving me a false impression. When I fit my next tyres (AD08's, which have stiff sidewalls) I can comment further on the sidewall stiffness.

Straight line stability is not the best, but again, that may be due to my toe settings and other settings.

Overall:

Excellent tyre for fast road and occasional track day sessions. Not ideal for very wet weather. They look great and perform very well, and wear surprisingly well. Highly recommended.