20 mile trip to get some milk

We had no milk left in the fridge so so decided a trip to the shop was in order. The shop is in the village about half a mile away.

As I got to the cloakroom I noticed my favourite driving shoes and realised I hadn't been for a proper thrash for ages so on they went and I was out the door with my mind made up that a detour including 2 sets of fun country lanes was in order.

Got into the valver, started her up, decided some dance music was in order so sorted the ipod and off I went.

Driving down the road (A52) through the speed scamera's it turns into a dual carriageway, cruise at 70mph. As I got to the traffic lights, instead of turning left onto one of the aforementioned country lanes, I decided to go straight on for a few more miles of DC camera'd up action to get the oil up to temperature.

When I got up to the roundabout at the end, everything was up to temperature, had a good look fo 5-0h, then nailed it round gettin ready for the understeer........lift off :D arse out :D dab of oppo then fcukin nailed it!! All the way to the redline in every gear back down the DC

The SPECS camera's are on this side of the DC as well but if you turn right at the lights the scameras cant get ya

Turned at the lights and was stuck behind a queue of old dears, who the all miraculously turned off down some farm track clear and open road

Stragglethorpe Bends is what we call this road, runs in between the A52 and the A46, lovely road with lots of really fast flowing corners with a couple of really tight ones thrown in for good measure.
    F*UCK ME!!!! I fell absolutely completely utterly & totally in love with this car again! (again )
    It all came together beautifully, fantastic handling carrying sooo much momentum into and through the corners, as for the tight bends, the brakes OMFG!! wilwood 4 pots - are f*ckin amazing! I didnt wanna push my luck but after realising how effective the brakes were I could of braked sooo much later. If they weren't so fookin hot I'd kiss them

The 1st tight 1 is a left hander followed by a series of esses then a tight right hander, this car just changes direction so crisply with lots of lovely feedback through the wheel. After the last bend its a straight road towards the A46, I stop at the lights and I'm buzzin like a MOFO, gigglin like a schoolgirl and shakin like a leaf

Warm up completed I decided to head towards my next country road as it conveniently leads to the shop in the village.
    Shelford Tops is a very good stretch of road, quite technical with lots of tricky, often blind corners on and off camber, with a lot of bumps & dips, and a few kerbs The road straddles the top of a hill and has some lovely views of the Trent valley. A very rewarding drive when you get it right but can be very dangerous when you dont

Unfortunately as I got onto shelford tops the rain (fcukin monsoon ) soon put a stop to the fun as it's far too dangerous to try and have a spirited drive on that road in the wet
    So had to take it steady, followed by 4 pints of milk and lots of popping & banging through the village

And to top it off I'm off out tonight to go & meet a lovely lady :D :D :D

Well certainly sounds like u had fun!

I love that feeling of going sooo fast and thinking...i really shouldnt be doing this speed (but hey as i no the road )

Was a good little read that.....

Yep......im heading out now too.........

^^^ steady on love, people might start askin questions

i wish

Forum User
    lol good roads in our area int it

not that good here m8 gotta make the best of it though

I think they're a damn sight better over your ways but I used to live near crich when I was younger, been back there a few time & the roads are really good fun

Forum User
    i love to go from buxton down the a6 to ashbourne then over to belper then down to matlock then darley dale through chtsworth then up through calver nd through peak forest nd home its awesome