Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Should I lose some weight???

I was thinking today the difference in power with having another person or two in the car is massive, so

What does everyone think about removing the...

Spare wheel and cage along with jack - only prob is if I get a flat thats too big for tire seal to seal what am I gonna do then, im with the RAC but will I fit on the ramp??? so many questions!

Also remove the parcel shelf, rear seats and bench?

Rear williams carpet?

And is there anything else?

Also how will this affect the handling, when I took my back seats out last time the sound from the exhasut was miles better, however the rear felt twitchy and light, however this might have been because of greasy roads?

So what does everyone think?

Danny

Strip that mo fo!!!!!

Makes loads of difference imo, mine feels very lite and nible

Banned
    Stripping on a Williams you gain straight line speed but lose the balance of the car. For country road blasts id stick a full take of fuel in and a sand bag in the back for real handling fun.

Otherwise the back is more like a 172.

If you strip it get a carbon bonnet and stick the battery in the back. Be better to remove the fron passenger seat and keep the rear seats. Losing weight from the front of the car (balanced with fuel load in the tank) is the way to go.

You may gain a few tenths round a track in a straight line by stripping, but im convinced that over a lap a non stripped Williams would be quicker on account of better balance (and of course over the length of a race better more even tyre wear).

think ill give it a try tommorow and see how she feels!

Give it try mate and see what you think...I was hooked as soon as I started stripping my williams out. Got rid of loads of weight at least 75kgs, with regards to handling my car was superb when I went to Oulton and is fine on roads with a reasonable surface. Only time it feels unsettled is on bumpy roads think this may be my coilovers as well though....I've never had a problem with the rear of the car being loose either, maybe I've just got used to it.

Banned
    In the wet my williams is a pig when stripped. Very tail happy. Much more neutral with back seats and a good fuel load.

In the dry the difference will be less noticable as the grip coefficient of the tyres will be higher.

verdict - after a clean and taking rear seats out, parcel shelf and thats about it...

noisier...which is good you can hear everything that happens in the arches even when the rear brakes are working, also the fuel pump!

Lighter and more nimble, but best of all, it felt a lot quicker, which i was pleased about!

So if I was ti remove the spare wheel also and boot carpet then i imagine it would be even better, however my only problems are,

the loudness on long motorway drives could get annoying but not such a problem as yet!

and storage space, i've got a cd changer and that would have to be moved as i wouldn't want anyone taking it, also when putting stuff in the back then will it not slide about etc?

And is there anyway to make it look clean and smart i.e one big carpet etc or MDF and carpet over it?

Danny

get a big pot of same colour or matt black paint....n paint it mate..mdf adds the weight uv jus got rid of...

ditch the cd player....nasty extra holes in shell.not good hehe.....

if u want stuff to put in the back, buy a couple of helmet nets or similar n use them

Danny what u doing pal...all this talk of taking the special williams one carpet out and no spare

Try it for a week mate....it'll only take a hour to refit back.

it's back in at the minute, whilst im over at the miss', i might take everything out, but I am enjoying having the williams one and 2 interior in, it's just i wouldn't mind a bit of extra speed!!!

Danny