Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    U are such a dreamer lol

Forum User
    Looks like a decent meet, Shame I couldnt make it

How did the Gti-6 compare to the Williams?
    (Zollo, care to do a little review - be sure to include gearing characteristics - i hear they are quite exciting - suspension set-up/handling as well as raw pace!!! :P )

Whose is the car with the Blue 'hill power' samco hoses - that looks very well kept!

yep.......ur loss lol

I believe that bay was Wobbas....although that is MattL stood there. Could well be hes tho.....hes bay is even cleaner. Get some pics up MattL

:D

Quote Originally Posted by eternalife
    Whose is the car with the Blue 'hill power' samco hoses - that looks very well kept!
    That is MattL's Williams 2

like a sea of blue! :D love it!

I totally forgot about this, could've popped up in the valver to add to the blue

Forum User
    loving the 19
    nearly had one instead of a clio

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Zollo

Watching Totti's Clio dance around on its 888s was rather entertaining... would've enjoyed it even more if I hadn't have been scaring myself trying to keep up!
    It was dancing a little bit on sunday, the back end seems to like coming out when on the 888s-So much fun though!

The GTI-6 was going well though! Was rather impressed with it! Gotta get myself some coilovers soon!

The 19 is Adams-Great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by leighanne21
    yep.......ur loss lol

I believe that bay was Wobbas....although that is MattL stood there. Could well be hes tho.....hes bay is even cleaner. Get some pics up MattL

:D
    That engine bay was Matt(L?)'s. My Willy bay isn't a patch on the tungy valvers 'bay. Needs a good clean!

Totti: Yea Adams 19 is fun, especially watching it when following round the twisties...you can see the tail wanting to swap ends with Adam driving it hehe!

I think we should have another meet up some time, and this time I will be ready ;)

Quote Originally Posted by eternalife
    How did the Gti-6 compare to the Williams?
    (Zollo, care to do a little review - be sure to include gearing characteristics - i hear they are quite exciting - suspension set-up/handling as well as raw pace!!! :P )
    Engine: sounds a zillion times better than most standard four-cylinders, thanks to a tasty sounding induction roar. Nice n strong low down, with a very linear power delivery right up past 7k. About the same pace as a Williams.

Gearbox: First is pretty long (42mph) and quick getaways are a tricky affair (though not impossible) so some people might not like it, but it does mean you can use first for really tight corners and obviously it's allowed Peugeot to stack the rest of the gears really close together (particularly as sixth is about the same as fifth in other 306s). You've heard right, it is most entertaining bangin' it through the box quickly! Shift itself is really nice too - more direct and positive than a Williams, and has a nice mechanical, slick feel to it, although the throw is longer for sure.

Handling: Weeeeeeeee! Oversteer, oversteer, oversteer! Not nearly as snappy or unpredictable as a 205 though, as they're heavier and bigger so things happen slower and more controllably. But mid corner you can still lift on and off the throttle and the car will pitch and tighten its line however much you want. (Have to say, mine isn't standard and isn't as much fun as a result. But it's a lot more stable on high-speed stuff and at least it's less likely you'll be thrown into a hedge!) Compared to a Williams it's not as nimble, rolls a lot more and generally feels softer, but personally I prefer the way it drives. The ride is a lot better too!

Steering: Not as lively or feelsome as the Williams, but is still perfectly weighted and nice n direct.

Generally its feels every bit the 230ish kilos more than a Williams, but this does mean it's much more refined, drives a lot smoother and feels solid in comparison - and doesn't seem to suffer in the raw pace stakes either. I love it. :D

The End.

Excellent read