Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    J o n
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchy
    Jamie i never said it was fair! I doubt any clio on here hitting 170 on clocks meaning i will win
    When i was in primary school i would have read that as 170 on clocks! I suppose we get more stupid with age!

Dont we jesus

Oh and here is a 345bhp leon against an M3 on an autobahn (so 25hp more than mine )

http://www.mobisux.com/album/data/3338/6461m3-leon.avi
    so to make the test fair I'm assuming the M3 also had a power increase of over 100bhp? well this is obviously conclusive, as Mitchy has one its the fastest car in the world... pmsl
    standard for standard which do you think would win? or even Revo'd Vs standard? only chance an LCR would have is if the BMW was limited to 155 muppet

that video shows u nothing??

so you didnt see the lcr get its ass handed to it??

he set off b4 me and finished after me.

as for missing 2nd gear , i didnt go from 1st to 3rd, i missed the 1st to 2nd gearchange, so lost a lot of time again,

yet i still pulled the advantages given to the lcr back and finished ahead of him/her

J o n
    cant download the vid... it says "sorry, the video you are downloading contains a car too boring to waste bandwidth on"

Forum User
    Yes of course an M3 will beat an LCR, it will beat a chipped LCR too!

Just showing you what an extra 120hp does though

In no way have i ever said i had the fastest car in the world! I got my ass handed to me yesterday by a TVR tuscan 80-130! Pulled about 10 car lengths on me in that time!!

Thats the difference between me and you lot! I'll happily admit defeat but yet i have not read 1 thread on this forum where the clio williams/16v is beaten!

Thats the difference!!

2live.......It must be my eyesight as that video does not show an LCR getting whipped up a 1/4 mile strip! In some views it looks like the LCR ahead and in others looks like you! You certainly cant tell in the video what crosses the line 1st!

What do you mean missed the gear change? Where did it go? Did the LCR fluff a change? You dont know! That may have lost him time! etc etc

J o n
    okay fair enough, that's what an extra 120 ponies can do, have you seen what a valver can do with an extra 100bhp tho? or a F7R with an extra 60-70bhp can do? yes the gains are big on the LCR, but you dont need as much power in a Clio as bhp/ton plays a big role. The LCR is no doubt faster eventually, but down the 1/4 mile it's clearly 2nd place. Until you prove otherwise your talking to a brick wall buddy... somehow 14.2 doesn't beat 14.0 or 13.4 etc does it?

we will happily admit defeat on here Mitchy, you only seem to have a problem when it's a car you think you should beat or that's cheaper... sounds to me like you have a complex. If you wanna see what cars i've been smoked by check the thread on Clio sport, last time I saw we were discussing LCR's and not "what have you been smoked by". That's the difference ;)

As for 2 live verses the LCR he comes from behind to win, misses a gear and still does it over... why would he lie about it? deal with it mate

Forum User
    Not saying he's lying mate.

Its just the video doesn't really show an LCR getting pasted as the position of the cameraman doesn't help to prove it!

Anyway what idiot brung this thread back up

Forum User
    Weight isn't really the issue when up and running and with 320bhp/320lbft+ i don't think a N/A car is going to trouble a TC FWD car!

With his car i'd expect to be opening the legs around 120-130mph upwards
    -------------

weights always an issue more power get u faster in a straight line, less weight gets u faster everywhere

legs above 120-130 so what? over 100 and your licence is a gonna 0-100 is where most of the action takes place :D

Forum User
    0-any speed is a lot of bollocks!

Ive never once had to use a standing start in a race.

Most racing is done 3rd gear upwards!

If your going slow enough to be using the 1st 2 gears you should not be racing in that area! You are using the 1st 2 gears for a reason and that is because its a slow speed area!

3rd gear upwards is where the action takes place in my books!

The thing about top speed runs as on a motorway, do you think the police that are sat in a laybye are going to catch you if you whizz past them at 160mph Keep the foot welded to the floor, get off at the next junction and go back up the other side of the motorway or off at a junction and hide

Forum User
    0-any speed is a lot of bollocks!

Ive never once had to use a standing start in a race
    ---------

never once ive had loads half the skills in gettin it off the line. have a word, hang on i suppose i would avoid them too if i had a skoda cupra r

Forum User
    Coming from a renault owner

Poof springs to mind!