Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Only 1 kit left....

Hi all!

would have a question.
    can I use the 4pot calippers with 280mm discs? I am using 17poo brakes currently.
    Maybe I have to use bigger pads? is it possible? any idea or experience?

Thanks in advance,
    Oszy

You would just need the right bracket

tony - do you know where to get brackets made up? I've already got these calipers but I want to rum 285mm discs when the time comes to replace

Quote Originally Posted by 16v_paddy
    You would just need the right bracket

tony - do you know where to get brackets made up? I've already got these calipers but I want to rum 285mm discs when the time comes to replace
    Yes, bracket is ok, but the 285mm disks have bigger bearing area than the 265mm......it is meaningless to use 285mm discs if the pads use the same bearing area as on the 265mm discs

^^I've got 259mm discs atm

I thought there would always be an increase in torque when braking, the further away the calipers & pads are from the centre of the hub, hence a better performance from the brakes with bigger discs

the trouble would be mate that you would need to order 10 sets as the costs to do ones would be too much.... due to the programming and set up costs...

^^I've got 259mm discs atm

I thought there would always be an increase in torque when braking, the further away the calipers & pads are from the centre of the hub, hence a better performance from the brakes with bigger discs
    hmmm...yes, might be a bit better.
    But I am wondering if it is possible to get bigger brake pars for the 285mm discs?? And where to get it from? And if I need replacement pads? does anyone have experience?

thanks in advance for your replys

Oszy

Forum User
    PEOPLE....

After speaking to Tony after selling all these kits he can do another batch but must be a minimum of 5 people. Deposit of 100 quid would be good to help out to make sure people are not mucking about and would be sent to tony not myself.

If you are genuinely interested please leave your name below!!

1. CLIO TURBO
    2. WAG 1 (clio16valver)

hey guys, im interested in a set of these, im expectin my valver back from gdi within the week, (it will be runnin on throttle bodies), hence why im interested in this kit, am i too late?

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by valver_Karl
    hey guys, im interested in a set of these, im expectin my valver back from gdi within the week, (it will be runnin on throttle bodies), hence why im interested in this kit, am i too late?
    nope as we are starting another group buy we need peoples names down to get this going so put your name down and all we need now is 2 other people!