Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help finding the right cat.....

Right so iv decided to get myself a kitten, as im single I really fancy having something to keep me company etc.....so I need some help and advice on choosing the right one, so for those of you out there that have pet cats what advice can you give me?

I would have wanted to get myself a dog but as I work shifts at the airport its just would not be fair to the animal. We have had cats before and I am now ready to get myself one, I have an ideal place here to look after one with pleanty of space.

I dont mind paying a bit for the right one, what im looking for is a male kitten but something different and unique if you know what I mean.

Suggestions with pics if possible please guys.....

Also feel free to use this thread to post up pics of your pets.....

Ah also I need some brain storming in regard to a name....

Forum User
    We got one late last year from a farm.

Quite a different colour as hes white with black spots - bit like a cow TBH!

You sure you want a kitten though?

I found ours quite hard work to begin with and its only now after about 10 months and since hes had the chop that hes calmed down. I think a one year old cat from a home would be a better choice if i was to get one again.

This is him though;

Nice cat and a great pic mate!!

Forum User
    Cheers mate but thats him behaved - he'll scratch anyone to buggery most of the time! lol

heres one of our 3 cats we have at home. and hes our favourite. mickey. hes a pedigree breed called a turkish van. hes such a character and is so affectionate its untrue(but affectionate on his terms only). hes getting on now at 11 years old. weve onlyhad him for 4 years as his owner could no longer care for him as she had to many kids to look after. the only problem with him is that he malts all year round and leaves clumps of soft white angora like fur everywhere.

CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Great pics guys!!!

I actually have hayfever and do tend to get simular simptoms around cats so im thinking a short haired one maybe? Only good think is I have a completely wooded floor and do hoover and dust a few times a week so should not be a problem.

Isn't there a Bengal Tiger cat or something? Some crazy hybrid that'll take your arm off if it's in a bad mood LoL

This might be it!
    http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...%3D2%26hl%3Den

If you want a reeeeally soppy cat that just lives indoors then get a Ragdoll - they live indoors and will just lap up attention apparently :cool: Might not be so great if you're working long shifts though :(

From knowing a few people with cats (mostly ex girlfriends, thinking about it LoL), a male tabby cat http://www.catfacts.org/tabby-cat-facts.htm is a good bet - they usually have a good temperament and are affectionate but not dependant. And they also seem to still get into trouble occasionally when they're old men :cool: LoL

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie
    Great pics guys!!!

I actually have hayfever and do tend to get simular simptoms around cats so im thinking a short haired one maybe? Only good think is I have a completely wooded floor and do hoover and dust a few times a week so should not be a problem.
    I'm actually alergic myself.

I take antihistamines plus have one of those hepa air purifiers running in the living room...it stops the coughing to a manageable amount but for strenuous activities i'll still cough my guts up. :(

Make sure you keep it out of your bedroom mate!

Quote Originally Posted by u33db
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie
    Great pics guys!!!

I'm actually alergic myself.

I take antihistamines plus have one of those hepa air purifiers running in the living room...it stops the coughing to a manageable amount but for strenuous activities i'll still cough my guts up. :(

Make sure you keep it out of your bedroom mate!
    Will do but to be honest my place is completely open plan there is a door buts ats always open lol im really clean so I think ill be fine, also the whole place is wooded floor...no carpets so will be fine

Forum User
    get a dog

we got a springileer spaniel pup today and hes great :D