Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Hi. Yes that's it exactly. The original chip is a 27c256 OTP (one time programmable). It holds look-up tables for everything, ignition, fuel, temperature compensation, etc, etc. plus op-code.

To program a chip, you just need a programmer that will do 27256 eproms. To actually tune an engine, and make custom maps you need a lot more...

Cool thanks. I've been reading up about this a bit more, looking at 27c256 datasheets and think it's possible to program the EEPROM in 'slow' mode just using a serial interface, and some simple circuitry.
    In terms of tuning - TunerProRT looks like the best (value) solution with an EEPROM emulator, to sort the map out.
    Is there a way of observing the effects that varying a parameter has, without a rolling road?

Forum User
    you will need

-Wideband Lambda
    -Willem eprom burner (ebay, very cheap)
    -Emulator (I prefer the Moates Ostrich, and i'll be updating to an ostrich 2 as soon as tunerpro 5 is released)
    - a method of monitoring knock/detonation
    -

Makes perfect sense, cheers Dan. Still learning about this (car) stuff, but work in Electronics, so the programming etc is all clear!
    Translating from the french shouldn't be too necessary - there's only about 4 parameters by the looks of it. If you want a hand with anything specific, I'll ask my sister, she is a native speaker!

Forum User
    there's more parameters than that, I have the 2 different XDF files and there's non duplicated tables in each, which aren't identified. I believe on of the unknown tables to be the MAP sensor VQ table

I'd like to find

-Acceleration fueling
    -Injector k value/Mspb
    -MAP voltage/kpa
    -Lambda feedback controls

I'd like to find those too! I'm looking, I'll let you know if I get anything going.

Just programmed my first EEPROM. Nothing spectacular, just made sure that the data I want to put on it, actually appears and stays on it!

Hi Dan, which files are you using with the alternate definitions? I've got a pretty good idea where the MAP table is now. But not sure!