Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

ECU hacking/tuning/chip tuning -whatever you wanna call it!

Hi all. Over the past few months I have been delving into the world of Clio ecu hacking. I've been speaking to a few other like minded people and I thought I would start a thread that all can contribute to.

Enthusiasts of other makes have similar ecu tuning communities so why, not the Renault community? For example, Honda ECUs were cracked a long time ago and the know-how is common knowledge.

My ultimate goal is to produce a ecu mapping software for the f7p/f7r, like Fastchip's (now defunct) Rtuner. I now know that Rtuner was very limited. It's possible to do a whole load more with the ecu.

Unfortunately I'm no programmer but, if there any like-minded people out there hopefully we can work together to produce something good.

To date I have some stock Clio 16V bins (binary files), and bin from my Rtuner chip (but the output's been scrambled!).

I'm currently trying to write an xdf (bin definition file) in TunerPro RT, TunerPro keeps crashing when I try it!

I don't want this to be some anal closed community for LEET speakers! all are welcome to contribute and share info and files. If anybody wants any bins etc. I'll be happy to send them to you. If anybody already has an xdf for it that's ****ing brilliant! Let me know!

Good effort mate :D

i need to do some research mate into general stuff as all thats french to me, but i need to understand this etc so nice effort

I have quite a library of binary from various maps etc.

The biggest problem is getting past the copy protection some chip tuners use.

There is also software that will enable anyone to tweek, tune, edit, view eproms for many many cars. Including clios!

Andy

Forum User
    Hi,

My name is Zak. Someone over at Retro-Renault linked your post.
    Don't have any F7P/R powered cars at the min. But I used to have a Ph1 19 16v.

Sounds like an interesting project, I might be able to help.

Anyways, I am a C/C++/C# programmer. Not much experience in ecu stuff, but have done a few projects dissasembling code from different architectures etc, and I am a damn good application programmer.

I guess what you are looking to do initially is disassemble the rom and figure out where the data tables are and how they work.

Further down the line, I guess it would be interesting to have a crack at writing an Open-Source ECU? (Dissassemble, figure out what its doing, re-write in C, test, repeat!)

Drop me an email sometime.

Forum User
    ^^^^

good first post...

Hi Zak. Spot on mate! I have the locations of a few tables, courtesy of "Gigaz" on Retro-Renault. I can email them and some other stuff to you (and anybody else who wants them) if want.

Andy: Sounds good mate. do you have a standard valver or Willy bin? I've got several valver bins but they're all quite differnt from one another.

Does anyone know how you can host files so people can download them?

Quote Originally Posted by kj16v
    Does anyone know how you can host files so people can download them?
    How big are the files? I can probably provide you some sort of hosting service, and how many people would be downloading?

got williams, valver cup ones, cammed ones, and turbo ones.

I can host them on my website if you like.