Quote Originally Posted by simonr85
    get the R6, piece of piss to ride
    Bit common tho!

Quote Originally Posted by u33db
    Quote Originally Posted by simonr85
    get the R6, piece of piss to ride
    Bit common tho!

thats y u keep the williams too :D

I wanted a 2001+ CBR 600 by the end of this year.

I've ridden mopeds and bigger bikes, but when i am ehem, legal il be using a 600 for the time being. Until my stepdad is too frail to ride his Hayabusa -

Notice how neither my clio or mondeo are allowed the driveway! lol

Forum User
    You need to sit on a couple of bikes first and see whether you prefer the upright riding position, or more crouched over like a sportsbike. What roads will you be riding mainly, and how many miles? Is it for commuting or for weekend fun?

I did my direct access course a few years ago and went from a 125cc on to this:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/402032.htm

Now is the time to do your DAS as they are making it more difficult come October.

The SV650 is a good first bike, you won't be disappointed. The older curvy models have a bit of a cult following as they are a very good ride. I knew I'd get bored with the 650 quite quickly, so bought its big brother a few years ago, but hardly get to ride it nowadays, so its up for sale.

You will probably get hammered on insurance for any of the supersports bikes, but it is worth it.

The GSXR's, R6's etc are very focused bikes that will give you great feedback, but can leave you achy wrists and a bit stiff on long journeys if you are particularly tall. Most dealers should be happy for you to try a bike out for size. The secondhand market is slow at the moment, so you should be able to get a good deal.

You just have to respect the power and take your time to become familiar with the bike, and how to read the road on two wheels, as its totally different to a car.

Just keep it rubber side down as there are a lot of knobs out there.

Deano

the honda fireblade is known to be a user friendly bike.....

and they are fast as fook!

170 on the back of one down a2