Forum User

thinking of selling my williams

need some help im thinking of selling the williams but not to sure how much to sell for any help pls

pics are on page 5

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/...hlight=#292219

Pics are in this thread.

Few more details on mileage and service history etc, etc.

Forum User

williams

Hi, The service history is around 70,000 and now it has just turned 100,000. I bought it about 7 months ago off a bloke that bought it of another in 2006 which is registered on the 1 to 400 list which is on this website

plaque no:39
    Clifford alarm,
    lowered at the front - but dont like
    most of it is standered

Bit of rust on back arch not alot
    grit chips on the front and small dent on bonnet

Honestly I wouldn't. Unless your getting something more economic to run, selling a small car like yours that does get pretty good mpg would not be a good idea right now as fuel prices are likely to continue to rise sharply :(

In some way I regret selling my valver for the above reasons. I haven't even got the replacement car on the road but I know it will be costing me a lot of money in petrol to run it (2 litre turbo) everyday.

Matthew

Should have asked is it your daily car before posting that!

Matthew

J o n
    I went from a Williams to a Ph1 172 and it was the best thing I ever did. Standard the Willy was faster, handles better, bit more fun and connected, but the price you pay is constant mechanical worries and stress over rust. My view was that the car was getting and feeling old and had to go. Touch wood this hasn't been a problem at all, so I can spend money on mods instead of repairs.

If you can get decent money, I'd sell

Forum User
    I went from a Valver to a 172 Ph1 and I agree with Jesus - lack of worry, routine maintenance, and low hassle driving made it a cracking car not to mention savings on breakdown cover

Standard for standard, my 172 Ph1 is definitely faster than any standard Williams i have driven (willy 3 on 54k, williams 1 No.26 110K and Williams 1 No.69 123k) Thats taking into account the longer ratios of the 172 JC5 box as well. No.26 was RR'd and made 155bhp on the day, My 172 made 177BHP on the day at the same RR and 5 minutes after the williams was tested so the comparison is reasonably accurate.

My williams has just undergone a refresh of its suspension and an upgrade under the bonnet. The LARGEST difference between the two cars I can tell, is where the Williams feels sharp and precise (like a sports car) the 172 feels like a grand tourer in comparison - easy, hassle free, comfy, amicable. Thats not to say it cannot be fun, its just the package of the car feels a lot less 'raw' and not as 'focused'.

Forum User
    Have the williams as a fun weekend car, and get a nice cheap diesel for day to day worry free commuting

Forum User
    Hi, I have just bought a van and i did use my car everyday so now im just going to use my van and just spend time sorting little bits out on the car and just taking it to renault meets.

Its a diesel van !!!!!!!!! lol