Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fuel regulator

fuel regulator

has any one fitted a fuel regulator to there clio, if so wat one did they buy are they easy to set up and is it something i can do my self

Forum User
    no point on a standard clio in my opinion...

but you can get a nice FSE fuel regulator with a gauge attached likes coops has so its easy to set up.

but would need to be running 200bhp plus to see any advantage unless yours is knackered.

fuel regulator

cheers for the addvice well i will be running about 178bhp ish so i may aswell slap one on it wat kind of preassure would i need to be running i want to upgrade the fuel pump too

Forum User
    i would think at most the standard 3 bar and then anything over that is just down to adjustments while being mapped.
    fuel pumps are fine also if in good nick but us turbo boys have upgraded to an evo item as there around the same pressure but deliver more fuel..

good

sounds good to me is the pump you use from a evo? if so wat one or they all the same

Forum User
    think there all the same. mate

cool

cool cheers mate just so happens i know someone with a evo who is getting a new pump were is the pump on the clio mate is it near the tank. how hard are the evo pumps to fit. is there anything i need to do

Forum User
    there in the tank and i think it depends on what year you have as early tanks need dropping to replace later tanks can be done though the floor under the rear seat.
    pumps are smaller an need a little adjusting to fit as well as being soldered in to the existing wiring...

but is not hard....

thats an early type...

ok

ok cheers will have a look to see wats wat. how have you plummed your fuel reg in have a you got a pic

Forum User

not really mate.

but the kit replaces the valve in the fuel rail and then feeds through the regulator and back into the return fuel line from the regulator. the return line is removed from the fuel rail and where it was is blocked off. unless you can get a cup fuel rail as this already had it missing.

very easy really.