Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

I really need a new job

Nights is killing me and I have no money to play with my willy

I'm quite prepared to jack it all and start again in a new direction.

Wheres all the decent wages these days? and what kind of skills are popular at the moment?

Forum User
    What qual's / experience do you have?

If someone suggests IT I'm going to eat my hat.

Forum User
    sports n leisure will be a cracker in the next few years, time to get the quals if u havent already.

lol y not IT?

because I've been ****ed ovet twice now by companies I'm classed as semi skilled in being an auto electrcian, injection moulding support setter, and qualified as a data network engineer.

I don't really like doing any of those jobs though - the data engineer was by far the worst because it seems that job is mainly running up and down the country which is something I'm not able to do. so I'm more than happy to start again in a job where they were possibly train from scracth or begin you on a shit wage to progress - thing is it has to be now as when we buy our house i'll be stuck where I am and it will be much harder to break out into something new

Bricklaying.

I got made redundant from a high paying engineering job 3yrs ago after being there 9.5yrs. I went to college and enrolled on a 2yr bricklaying course. The first yr of my college i worked as a hod carrier started on £80 a day and ended up on £110 a day. In 2nd yr my boss put me on trowel as a improver bricklayer on £100 a day, now 2yrs on i'm earning £140 a day. Not a secret or bragging because any good bricklayer can get between £130 and £150 round my way at minute.

You'll always be in demand, new houses will aways need to be build, and the scope for private work in endless.

Forum User
    scrap m8 get in to dat ull b minted

Quote Originally Posted by big hp
    Bricklaying.

I got made redundant from a high paying engineering job 3yrs ago after being there 9.5yrs. I went to college and enrolled on a 2yr bricklaying course. The first yr of my college i worked as a hod carrier started on £80 a day and ended up on £110 a day. In 2nd yr my boss put me on trowel as a improver bricklayer on £100 a day, now 2yrs on i'm earning £140 a day. Not a secret or bragging because any good bricklayer can get between £130 and £150 round my way at minute.

You'll always be in demand, new houses will aways need to be build, and the scope for private work in endless.
    I've always worried that there will be times when you simply aren't working is that ever the case though?

Also I don't do heights all that well - when I say that I mean I can be high but only if I feel safe - being up a scaffold is a no no!

You get cold days and wet days but generally your ok.

For every day i work i save £20 to cover me for any rain or cold days.

Cant work on scaffolding kills it stone dead mate. TBH you get used to it