First track time

Now I understand why some of you lot go around ripping poor valvers apart to track-schlag 'em. It's ****ing awesome!!

Took the turbo down to Castle Combe Performance Performance car action day today, along with Stephen (Clio_rsi_turbo) and his supercharged VR6.
    The weather was 'orrible and after a few hours watching drivers flying off various slimy corners, we both decided we were going to drive VERY carefully.
    Despite driving Miss Daisy round the bends, nearly lost it on Quarry when the rear wheels decided they wanted to drive for a while, Steph also spun off into the grass, murdering some cones, spraying mud and rocks over the track - Cheers Steph! :P

Daaiiimn, the Turbo's fast, fool! The fustrated, more exoerienced drivers in Evo's and such tried to overtake me on the corners as I pootled round every bend, but on the staights I just reeled them all in like hooked fish.

I videod it all, BUT as I pressed the Stop button at the session's end the bloody batteries fell out

I'm really surprised that WC doesn't organise any events at Castle Combe. It's perfect for Clios: windy, 3rd and 4th gear nearly all the way, plus I nice little straight for quick acceleration.

Forum User
    glad you enjoyed it, its top fun on track with a quick clio lol can certainly suprise a few!

as for castle combe for me its quite a way to there!

I remember my first go on track - at Combe too. :D

No joke, my right foot was shaking uncontrollably with adrenalin (and glee!) for most of the way around!

J o n
    not done Combe, sounds ideal though if it's all 3rd and 4th gear stuff... less for me to think about

might have to pay a visit to Combe