Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Looks like you might be missing the bolt reinforcing plate.
    But that's renault parts for you.

Oops, my bad! Just looked at your pics again under high gamma and saw that the plate is there.

Great - that's exactly what mine looks like

Thank you so much!

Michael

The actual 19 16v/Clio Williams wishbone "Body" and main bushes are identical but for some reason the Clio is fitted with a strengthening plate. Why I don't know but I guess it has something to do with the Clio Williams ARB being thicker than the 19 16v (Again, Why I don't know). The lower balljoint is different between the two vehicles though which is why you're seeing the subtle difference in angles.

Quote Originally Posted by MicKPM
    The actual 19 16v/Williams clio wishbone "Body" and main bushes are identical but for some reason the Clio is fitted with a strengthening plate. Why I don't know but I guess it has something to do with the Williams clio ARB being thicker than the 19 16v (Again, Why I don't know). The lower balljoint is different between the two vehicles though which is why you're seeing the subtle difference in angles.
    I thought the wishbones from a 19 could be used when doing a wide track conversion to a valver.
    The difference in angles must alter the wheelbase of the car then.

Michael

Anti roll bars are the same thickness, i know this because im using a 19 16v anti roll bar and powerflex williams bushes, had to modify the arb slightly, took about 5mm off one side as it was slightly too long, again the 19 16v track is wider than that of the williams due to subframe width.

Dave

Forum User
    i used a 19 16v arb but didnt have to modify it though

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MicKPM
    The actual 19 16v/Williams clio wishbone "Body" and main bushes are identical but for some reason the Clio is fitted with a strengthening plate. Why I don't know but I guess it has something to do with the Williams clio ARB being thicker than the 19 16v (Again, Why I don't know). The lower balljoint is different between the two vehicles though which is why you're seeing the subtle difference in angles.
    The 19 16V wishbones and balljoints are identical in every way to the williams ones.

Including the strengthening plate.

In fact, the ball joints are identical on ALL 19s, clios, 5s, mk1 meganes etc.