Thread: spider cup

Forum User

spider cup

hi all

the race spec spider uses a williams f7r and porduces 180-190 hp any one know the spec of the engine?

Power 210 bhp @ 6000 rpm, Torque 136.0 ft·lbf @ 4500 rpm
    Redline 6800 rpm

F7R

They ran standrd F7R crank throw due to rules and regs governing internal mods but it was a balanced steel B/E capable of reving up to 9k with rods and high comp pistons however I don't know the exact C/R.

Andrew Lowe from RSC had one of these engines in his Clio until he sold the car a few weeks ago. The lump was purchased from Nick Hill a few years back and it was a complete beastie (as I found out on track at Donnington last year when we went out in it). It came out of an Ex-Cup Spider and was replaced by an even beefier F4R with the most gorgeous exhaust manifold setup i've ever seen shortly before the car went to NZ for the rest of its days!

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MicKPM
    They ran standrd F7R crank throw due to rules and regs governing internal mods but it was a balanced steel B/E capable of reving up to 9k with rods and high comp pistons however I don't know the exact C/R.

Andrew Lowe from RSC had one of these engines in his Clio until he sold the car a few weeks ago. The lump was purchased from Nick Hill a few years back and it was a complete beastie (as I found out on track at Donnington last year when we went out in it). It came out of an Ex-Cup Spider and was replaced by an even beefier F4R with the most gorgeous exhaust manifold setup i've ever seen shortly before the car went to NZ for the rest of its days!
    this car mick

i picked it up today now private plate transferd
    i just wanting to know what makes it so fast

Quote Originally Posted by MicKPM

the bloke who had all the work done sold it then the person who's got it now has gone to tazmania with it,it kept shredding the tyres on nicks rollers,i didnt realise the spider engines where modified

Yes, that's the one... the plate being different threw me off. It's a gorgeous example of a 16v. I hope you enjoy it and look after it as well as Andy did and it'll be sorely missed from the RSC stand this season